Q. I am 25 and my partner is 72. Can I get pregnant?

Dr. Tara Devi
Published on Aug 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 25 years old female and my AMH level is 1.12 and my partner is 72 years old. Can I get pregnant?

Dr. Tara Devi

Family Physician Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You are young and your AMH (anti-Mullerian hormone) is borderline, not very low. So, you can become pregnant. Check if your thyroid and prolactin are normal. Check for tubal patency. If everything is normal, you can try IUI (intrauterine insemination).

If your husband's semen analysis is normal, you can have IUI with it. If his semen analysis is abnormal, go for ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) or IVF (in-vitro fertilization) with donor sperm.

Let me know the above reports so that I can treat you.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Can I get pregnant naturally or should I go with ICSI?

Query: Hello doctor,It has been four years since we married. My husband is a little bit of tensed nature. So, he is not able to ejaculate during intercourse. While doing masturbation, he is able to ejaculate within seconds. Now, he is taking medicines for reducing anxiety. I have undergone five cycles of I...  Read Full »

Why am I having recurrent IVF failures?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had three IVF failures. Latest failure -four embryos transferred, two -day 3, two -day 5 (blastocyst with array), negative beta hCG. I want to know the reason for the failure.  Read Full »

Following IUI, when can I test for pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My last period was on the 26th of last month. I had IUI on 7th evening and 8th morning of this month. When can I test for pregnancy?  Read Full »