Q. I am 16 weeks pregnant with low lying placenta. Can I travel for work?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I am 16 weeks pregnant and 4.3 internal OS closed but diagnosed with a low lying placenta. Can I travel on a two-wheeler? Do the household work and go for a job? Please suggest me. Can I fly on a plane?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It would be better if you would send me a detailed history and scan report. The placenta is still in developing stage that will grow and might change its position. For now, till it is low lying if within 2 cm of an internal OS then better to have rest and precautions. Avoid taking risky two-wheeler ride, over-exertion, weight lifting, stairs, sex or any other bleeding stimulating factor. Recheck placental location after a month and discuss with your obstetrician. Have regular antenatal follow-ups and scans.

Have complete treatment of any health issue you have. Have a balanced diet. Report symptoms like spotting and bleeding immediately to treating obstetrician. Make sure your blood group is already checked. If negative, better to have the husband's blood group also checked. Better send scan report to have particular guidance.

|