Q. I am 16 weeks pregnant with low lying placenta. Can I travel for work?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Published on Mar 26, 2019

I am 16 weeks pregnant and 4.3 internal OS closed but diagnosed with a low lying placenta. Can I travel on a two-wheeler? Do the household work and go for a job? Please suggest me. Can I fly on a plane?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It would be better if you would send me a detailed history and scan report. The placenta is still in developing stage that will grow and might change its position. For now, till it is low lying if within 2 cm of an internal OS then better to have rest and precautions. Avoid taking risky two-wheeler ride, over-exertion, weight lifting, stairs, sex or any other bleeding stimulating factor. Recheck placental location after a month and discuss with your obstetrician. Have regular antenatal follow-ups and scans.

Have complete treatment of any health issue you have. Have a balanced diet. Report symptoms like spotting and bleeding immediately to treating obstetrician. Make sure your blood group is already checked. If negative, better to have the husband's blood group also checked. Better send scan report to have particular guidance.

| 

Is it safe to travel with placenta previa?

Query: Hi doctor, Last week, on my second scan (20 week pregnancy), I was diagnosed with the low-lying placenta. I did not have any bleeding or pain so far. I am going for my holiday in five days, and I am wondering if I can fly. Is it safe?  Read Full »

How does severe endometriosis affect pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife has severe endometriosis as well as several other pre-existing conditions. She was recently approved for Zoladex to treat the endometriosis. She is supposed to have her first injection in the next few days. Today we were in the emergency room. She was slightly tachycardic as wel...  Read Full »

Does frequent sneezing cause low lying placenta?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 5 months pregnant. I had an ultrasound scan today and my placenta is "anterior, 2.7cm above the internal O.S". Since a week, I have also developed piles which has subsided a little bit now. I travel to work by bus and sometimes by a 4 wheeler auto. My weight has been 55 kg sin...  Read Full »