Q. Inspite of taking Vigour tablets, my sperm count did not increase. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 08, 2020

I am 33 years old. It has been 11 years since I got married and have one daughter aged 9 years. My main concern is my wife is not getting pregnant. She is undergoing gynecology checkup. All her test reports are normal. I am much tensed at this moment. I think my sperm count is low and not thick, because 2 years back suddenly I realized my penis not getting hard too much and also not able to have intercourse for more than two minutes. I searched on internet and found a pill called Vigour 300. I ordered and took as described. It really worked and I started taking this pill every time while having intercourse. I had 10 packs consists of 100 pills, then again used another 10 pack of Vigour 800. Now my sex capacity is normal. But, still I am not able to get my wife pregnant. I observed that my sperm color has changed from white to yellow and quantity is very minimum but not thick as before. I really want to get my wife pregnant. Please suggest some measures. Thank you.

#

• The reality of conception really does not depend on the amount of sperm ejaculated or the viscosity much as much as it would depend on the sperm count, its morphology and its motility.
  • The Vigour tablets used were probably to take care of your decreased libido and often premature ejaculation but the pregnancy can be attained only if the quality of sperm is good.
  • The best way to ascertain that at this moment would be to get a sperm analysis done first and then we can discuss the possibilities based on the reports.
  • As you mentioned that the color of your sperm ejaculated turned from white to yellow which may indicate possible infection as well, which would show as increased pus cells or dead cells in sperm analysis and culture, for which we would be required to place you on a course of antibiotics for initial 14 days followed by repeating the test after two weeks.
  • So, all protocols of management are well in place. But, we need to know the sperm analysis reports first. Please revert back for review with the reports as soon as possible.

Revert back with the reports after 14 days to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Please find my reports attached for your reference.

#

I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your reports clearly depict that you have astheno teratozoospermia, abnormal sperms higher in count and less motile. This is the prime reason for your infertility.
  • Infection is not seen as of now. But, delayed liquefaction is also a concern. This shall require initial treatment with antibiotics for 14 days and then followed with spermatogenic medications for next three months daily.
  • I would like to know, if you are at present taking any drug treatment as of now, before I advise you the prescription.
  • Are there any other tests which you have undergone apart from semen analysis like blood sugar levels, thyroid hormones?

Revert back after 14 days to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I am not taking any drug now. After consulting you, I even stopped taking Vigour and my blood sugar is normal. Please advice.

#

In that case you should take the following treatment as follows:

• From tomorrow start taking tablet Doxycycline 100 mg twice a day along with tablet Tinidazole 500 mg twice a day for 14 days.
  • Once you complete the treatment from the 15th day start tablet Ubisure one tablet thrice a day for three months regularly.
  • Drink plenty of water around four to five liters daily.
  • Wear loose undergarments to allow better blood flow to genitals.
  • Repeat semen analysis again after a month to evaluate comparative improvement in sperm count, shape and motility.

Revert back after one month with the test results to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I have completed the course of tablet Doxycycline 100 mg and tablet Tinidazole 500 mg, but problem is that tablet Ubisure is not available in our area. Could you please suggest another tablet with the same composition? Thank you.

#

• If tablet Ubisure is not available then you may take tablet Carnitor (Levocarnitine) 500 mg thrice a day or take tablet Carni-Q FC thrice a day for a period of three months.
  • Rest you should follow as advised earlier.

Revert back after three months to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Please suggest a medicine, which can cure erection problems and low libido.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male, who has schizophrenia and depression from the last 12 years. My current problem is low libido and erection-related issues. I do not wish to take any medicine like Viagra or other similar medicines. Please suggest a medicine which can cure my problem. I also need...  Read Full »

What are my chances of becoming a father?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male married for five years. My wife and I are trying for a baby for the last two and a half years with no luck. My wife had gone for an HSG and other tests and her reports are all good. My semen analysis was fine too. We had gone for IUI thrice with no luck. Now, f...  Read Full »

What Is Premature Ejaculation?

Article Overview: A huge percentage of young men ejaculate within a few seconds or with minimal strokes during sexual intercourse. It is very stressful for both partners when this happens, and it can even lead to marital disharmony and discord. This is the most common male sexual problem. Fortunately, it can be overcome and even treated. Read Article

Dr. Poosha Darbha
Sexologist

Premature ejaculation (rapid climax within seconds) is common. It is natural in people with an overly sensitive penis, but it is distressing and disappointing for the couple. To overcome the problem naturally, one needs to understand how exactly it happens and learn how to stop it. It is somewhat li...  Read Article

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»