Q. How to know the reason for low testosterone?

Dr. Divakara P
Published on Mar 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 34 years old. My weight is 84 kg. I am married for four years. I am unable to make a relationship with my wife. The erection problem is there for the past two years. I checked my testosterone level, which is 183. Why is it low? Please advise me the ways to increase the testosterone level. I am currently taking Tadalafil 10 mg. For your information, I am a vegetarian.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

• Your testosterone is quite low. We first need to find the cause of that.
  • In that regard, I recommend the following tests to you. FBS (fasting blood sugar), PPBS (postprandial blood sugar), SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin), TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), serum prolactin and scrotal Doppler ultrasound.
  • Till then do not take any medication or any supplements. Do daily jogging and learn Kegels exercise for men.

Revert with the reports to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

Will increased TSH level harm the baby's brain growth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. My height is 5'1" and weight is 52.4. I am 20 weeks pregnant now. I underwent a surgery for complete thyroidectomy and I am taking Thyroxin 100 mcg regularly. In my first trimester, the TSH level was 0.31 and the doctor advised me to continue the same dosage of medici...  Read Full >>

Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is very important for the baby's brain growth as rightly said by you. Therefore, it is imperative that we treat aggressively. Target TSH in the first trimester is 0.3 - 2.5 mIU/L and therefore the doctor did not change the treatment. I ho...  Read Full

What are T blockers used for?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male and I do not want to do a MTF transition. However, I would like to stop my body from being affected by testosterone. I just turned 20 and as I grow older my body will continue to produce testosterone which will change my body into something more manly and cause me ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First let me make sure that I have understood your query. Basically you are a male and want to remain as a male but you need to avoid the manly transition and retain your feminine look. Please correct me if I am wrong. Well, there are many ways to do that. But what is imp...  Read Full

Ask an Endocrinologist Now