Q. How to know the reason for low testosterone?

Dr. Divakara P
Published on Mar 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 34 years old. My weight is 84 kg. I am married for four years. I am unable to make a relationship with my wife. The erection problem is there for the past two years. I checked my testosterone level, which is 183. Why is it low? Please advise me the ways to increase the testosterone level. I am currently taking Tadalafil 10 mg. For your information, I am a vegetarian.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

• Your testosterone is quite low. We first need to find the cause of that.
  • In that regard, I recommend the following tests to you. FBS (fasting blood sugar), PPBS (postprandial blood sugar), SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin), TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), serum prolactin and scrotal Doppler ultrasound.
  • Till then do not take any medication or any supplements. Do daily jogging and learn Kegels exercise for men.

Revert with the reports to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

| 

Will increased TSH level harm the baby's brain growth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. My height is 5'1" and weight is 52.4. I am 20 weeks pregnant now. I underwent a surgery for complete thyroidectomy and I am taking Thyroxin 100 mcg regularly. In my first trimester, the TSH level was 0.31 and the doctor advised me to continue the same dosage of medici...  Read Full »

What are T blockers used for?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male and I do not want to do a MTF transition. However, I would like to stop my body from being affected by testosterone. I just turned 20 and as I grow older my body will continue to produce testosterone which will change my body into something more manly and cause me ...  Read Full »

Ask an Endocrinologist Now