Q. What could be the reason for yellow discharge from a bursted lump in the groin?

Dr. Suchada Chaiwechakarn
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 19, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I had a lump in my groin, which I pushed, and it popped. Now I have a small hole near my vaginal opening which leaks yellow clear stringy discharge and also a small amount of blood if I push where the lump used to be. I have had this a couple of months now what could it be? There is no pain. I currently have a copper coil, 5'8, 67 kg, and in good health.

Dr. Suchada Chaiwechakarn

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The opening is your urethra. The yellowish discharge and blood tinged discharge is coming from urethral diverticulum which is an outpouching of the urethra. It is not infection although you see stuff that looks like pus. The treatment would be surgical removal of the diverticulum. I would recommend you to consult with a urologist.

Why do I have pain in the groin on erection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old healthy male. After defecation, I have secretion of seminal fluid, which is followed by pain in the penis. On erection, I have slight pain in the groin.  Read Full »

I am passing urine with little strain. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old. From last two days I am suffering from frequent urination during day time with little bit burning sensation. My blood sugar and BP are normal. Urine flow is not so strong. I used to urine by pressing the penis and this is not the first time. As far as I can recall it f...  Read Full »

Is the lump on my back fat or a tumor?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a knot or lump on my upper back just in the middle and little right side of the back. It can be felt when I get a massage. Can this be dangerous? The doctor once told me seven years back that it might be fat. What test can make sure that it is not a serious kind of tumor?  Read Full »