iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersObstetrics and GynecologylumpI have a lump in my groin with yellow discharge after getting popped. Why?

What could cause yellow discharge from a burst groin lump?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Nithila. A

Published At September 19, 2019
Reviewed AtApril 16, 2024

Patient's Query

I had a lump in my groin, which I pushed, and it popped. Now I have a small hole near my vaginal opening which leaks yellow clear stringy discharge and also a small amount of blood if I push where the lump used to be. I have had this a couple of months now what could it be? There is no pain. I currently have a copper coil, my height is 5'8, and weight 147 lbs, and in good health.

The opening is your urethra. The yellowish discharge and blood tinged discharge is coming from urethral diverticulum which is an outpouching of the urethra. It is not infection although you see stuff that looks like pus. The treatment would be surgical removal of the diverticulum. I would recommend you to consult with a urologist.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Suchada Chaiwechakarn
Dr. Suchada Chaiwechakarn

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy