Q. What could be the reason for yellow discharge from a bursted lump in the groin?

Dr. Suchada Chaiwechakarn
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I had a lump in my groin, which I pushed, and it popped. Now I have a small hole near my vaginal opening which leaks yellow clear stringy discharge and also a small amount of blood if I push where the lump used to be. I have had this a couple of months now what could it be? There is no pain. I currently have a copper coil, 5'8, 67 kg, and in good health.

Dr. Suchada Chaiwechakarn

Obstetrics And Gynaecology

The opening is your urethra. The yellowish discharge and blood tinged discharge is coming from urethral diverticulum which is an outpouching of the urethra. It is not infection although you see stuff that looks like pus. The treatment would be surgical removal of the diverticulum. I would recommend you to consult with a urologist.

Why do I have pain in the groin on erection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old healthy male. After defecation, I have secretion of seminal fluid, which is followed by pain in the penis. On erection, I have slight pain in the groin.  Read Full >>

Dr. Madhankumar
Family Physician, General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Fetal Medicine Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Secretion of seminal fluid after defecation is a normal event. Do not worry about it. The reason for the pain could be due to an infection, and it has to be diagnosed. The location and the source of infection have to be identified. Please get the following tests done: ...  Read Full

I am passing urine with little strain. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old. From last two days I am suffering from frequent urination during day time with little bit burning sensation. My blood sugar and BP are normal. Urine flow is not so strong. I used to urine by pressing the penis and this is not the first time. As far as I can recall it f...  Read Full >>

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have some more queries about your complaints. Do you have any nocturia that is do you have any disturbed sleep due to increased frequency of urination during nights? Any difficulty in passing urine or any hesitancy to start or any straining during urination? ...  Read Full

Is the lump on my back fat or a tumor?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a knot or lump on my upper back just in the middle and little right side of the back. It can be felt when I get a massage. Can this be dangerous? The doctor once told me seven years back that it might be fat. What test can make sure that it is not a serious kind of tumor?  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a lipoma, which is a benign fat mass with a soft consistency. Lipoma is completely benign with no complications. A biopsy is the most confirmative method. Surgical assessm...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now