Q. What medicines can treat my left-sided groin pain?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 15, 2019

I have left-sided pain in waist and groin region. I was already consulting a urologist and was told that I have an inguinal hernia. But, symptoms of groin pain are due to pancreatic irritation. I have noticed that pain sometimes occurs in different regions and there is bloating in my lower abdomen past few days. All other tests are normal and the urologist tells that there is no other problem but prostate irritation. I have a problem sitting properly and it pains in the groin. Also, bloating is very uncomfortable. Should I again consult a urologist? I feel there are gastric problems and there is also a pain in the groin during bowel movements. I am currently on Alfoo. Please help.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Your symptoms of groin pain while sitting or during bowel movements is likely due to an inguinal hernia.

The pancreatic irritation is unlikely to cause such a pain. It causes periumbilical pain and also there is no cause for it.

Now, next is there a hernia or not is unsure. If it is present then you need to visit a general surgeon, confirm it and get operated as it can cause complications.

In patients with hernia, they have groin swelling, sometimes only seen on standing and coughing. Just check if it is present for you or not.

For your bloating problem, you should avoid fatty, oily and spicy diet.

You need to have some walk after having food instead of taking rest.

You need to have regular sleep habits and avoid stress.

Have lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits and avoid smoking and alcohol if any.

Try to achieve some weight loss through diet and regular exercise.

I suggest you take tablet Pantodac DSR (Domperidone and Pantoprazole) 40 mg before breakfast once a day for two weeks.

Also, you should get dewormed yourself with tablet Bandy-Plus (Albendazole and Ivermectin) at bedtime once and another dose should be repeated after two weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Will Prevacid help with the symptoms of GERD?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with GERD six years ago. I have gained 10 pounds of weight and I started having phlegm in my throat. I am coughing more to get the phlegm out of my throat. I am currently taking Prevacid (over-the-counter) once a day in the morning. The phlegm and coughing does not seem ...  Read Full »

I have pain in the inguinal hernia surgery wound. Is re-surgery necessary?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a right inguinal hernia surgery, four years back. But still, I have troubles in the surgery wound, especially when I am involved in harder or longer physical activities. I also get hurt if lying down on the side of the surgery. The doctor advised me to get a CT scan, but as I had i...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in the back of chest with poor bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I started having a sharp pain in my right arm shoulder which probably originates from the right back of my chest. Also, my bowel movements have not been clear since some time. I took a Pantoprazole with Domperidone, guessing that this might be due to gas.  Read Full »