iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersInternal Medicineinguinal herniaWhat are the medicines for my left groin pain?

What medicines can treat my left-sided groin pain?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 26, 2017
Reviewed AtJanuary 23, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I have left-sided pain in waist and groin region. I was already consulting a urologist and was told that I have an inguinal hernia. But, symptoms of groin pain are due to pancreatic irritation. I have noticed that pain sometimes occurs in different regions and there is bloating in my lower abdomen past few days. All other tests are normal and the urologist tells that there is no other problem but prostate irritation. I have a problem sitting properly and it pains in the groin. Also, bloating is very uncomfortable. Should I again consult a urologist? I feel there are gastric problems and there is also a pain in the groin during bowel movements. I am currently on Alfoo. Please help.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Your symptoms of groin pain while sitting or during bowel movements is likely due to an inguinal hernia.

The pancreatic irritation is unlikely to cause such a pain. It causes periumbilical pain and also there is no cause for it.

Now, next is there a hernia or not is unsure. If it is present then you need to visit a general surgeon, confirm it and get operated as it can cause complications.

In patients with hernia, they have groin swelling, sometimes only seen on standing and coughing. Just check if it is present for you or not.

For your bloating problem, you should avoid fatty, oily and spicy diet.

You need to have some walk after having food instead of taking rest.

You need to have regular sleep habits and avoid stress.

Have lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits and avoid smoking and alcohol if any.

Try to achieve some weight loss through diet and regular exercise.

I suggest you take tablet Pantodac DSR (Domperidone and Pantoprazole) 40 mg before breakfast once a day for two weeks.

Also, you should get dewormed yourself with tablet Bandy-Plus (Albendazole and Ivermectin) at bedtime once and another dose should be repeated after two weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode
Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy