Q. Can immunotherapy be started for lung cancer PD-L1?

Dr. Varadarajan Kumar

My wife has lung cancer PD-L1. I need your advice regarding the continuation of this therapy. Docetaxel and Nintedanib are suggested. I think it is too heavy. I would prefer immunotherapy, if possible.

#

I would suggest going with Abraxane or Avastin plus Nivolumab combination for the following reasons:

1. Using immunotherapy now as you do not want to miss the window of opportunity.
  2. Being targeted agents, side effects are not going to be a major issue as conventional chemotherapy drugs.
  3. In my personal experience, Docetaxel in the second line setting is too much for patients and quality of life takes a bit hit.
  4. Targeting VEGF and PD1 plus Abraxane gives the best possible chance for an optimal outcome.

For more information consult a medical oncologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist

|