Q. What causes lung congestion only at dawn?

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

I am suffering from lung congestion at dawn. The condition is relieved during the day, persisting for a month. Kindly suggest the remedy.

#

Possibly, you might be having some mild infection in the lung that is causing the congestion towards early morning. When patients come with these complaints, I evaluate them and see if they have any infection or allergy. Symptoms suggesting infection are a cough, thick mucus, chest pain, mucus production while coughing, fever, a headache.

Symptoms suggesting allergy or asthma are running nose, wheeze, a dry cough, sneezing. If you have any of the above kindly let me know details regarding each complaint. Like the time for which it is present, the aggravating or relieving factors. Also, general precautions that you can follow to relieve some of the issues are:

1. Steam inhalation with Carpol plus capsules put in the water, take steam through open mouth twice a day, once before sleep and then in the morning.

2. Avoidance of direct cold winds, AC blower, dust, smoke.

3. Avoidance of smoking and drinking.

4. Adequate nutritious food comprising all nutrients.

Kindly revert back to me regarding your other complaints and we can make a decisive diagnosis and institute the right treatment.

|