Q. What causes lung congestion only at dawn?

Published on Jan 12, 2019

I am suffering from lung congestion at dawn. The condition is relieved during the day, persisting for a month. Kindly suggest the remedy.

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Possibly, you might be having some mild infection in the lung that is causing the congestion towards early morning. When patients come with these complaints, I evaluate them and see if they have any infection or allergy. Symptoms suggesting infection are a cough, thick mucus, chest pain, mucus production while coughing, fever, a headache.

Symptoms suggesting allergy or asthma are running nose, wheeze, a dry cough, sneezing. If you have any of the above kindly let me know details regarding each complaint. Like the time for which it is present, the aggravating or relieving factors. Also, general precautions that you can follow to relieve some of the issues are:

1. Steam inhalation with Carpol plus capsules put in the water, take steam through open mouth twice a day, once before sleep and then in the morning.

2. Avoidance of direct cold winds, AC blower, dust, smoke.

3. Avoidance of smoking and drinking.

4. Adequate nutritious food comprising all nutrients.

Kindly revert back to me regarding your other complaints and we can make a decisive diagnosis and institute the right treatment.

Can Loratadine help treat runny nose in a pregnant woman?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old female and I am pregnant. I have a cough and runny nose for four years. I am taking Loratadine only. Kindly suggest me an antibiotic. I am currently on tablet Loratadine, tablet Aldomet and multivitamins with folic acid, and tablet Aspirin. Please help.  Read Full »

Can dog hair affect Hamman-Rich syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with Hamman-Rich Syndrome three years ago. My only treatment is oxygen 24/7 and Albuterol with wellness checkups every six months. I am scheduled to see a new doctor next month. My question is how or if dog hair affects my condition.  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for a 2-month-old baby suffering from dry cough.

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 2 months old and he is suffering with dry cough over the last 3 days. We consulted local doctor and he advised TA-65 capsule which can be taken by mixing one capsule in 10 cc of distilled water. He advised to use 2 mL of this mixture for 3 days. My question is how exactly does T...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now