Q. My wife repeatedly gets a swelling in her underarm. What is it?

Dr. Pratik Patil

My wife develops swelling in her underarm from the last 2 to 3 years. This swelling is painful, and she is not able to lift her hand. After a week, this swelling discharges a bad smelling puss and blood. This happens every 2 to 3 months. Two years back, we consulted a surgeon, who incised the swelling and gave it for histopathological testing. The reports confirmed it to be fat related to the lymph nodes. From last year, this is recurring but with less pain than earlier. Can you advice whom to consult now? Thanks.

#

• Recurrent lymph nodes swelling especially in armpits is not a good sign. She needs to get investigated thoroughly.
  • Does she have any complaints of a cough since a long time? Any swellings in the breast? The last time you got the nodes operated, did you get a biopsy done?
  • Tuberculosis is a very common entity in our country, which could lead to recurrent lymph node enlargement and pus formation. Please get a biopsy done of the swelling in the armpit, to know what exactly we are dealing with. Thank you.

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|