Q. I developed flat pink dots on my chest. Is it due to a weekend of heavy drinking?

I have recently developed flat pink dots on my chest that do not hurt nor itch. I have attached a photo of the same. They came after a heavy weekend of drinking, and probably the worst hangover I have ever had. The night before the hangover, I had my shirt off for some good time and was outside for a bit. I do not recall ever having something like this before, and I am very curious as to what it might be. I also had a few cigarettes, and I never smoke. I am a 20 year old male, who is 6.3 feet tall, and I weigh 185 lbs. I am in good health, and I am not on any current medication.

#

I went through your post and image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which you have posted.

• You have acute onset maculopapular rash, with no other associated symptom like fever, cough, body aches, etc. Any maculopapular rash in adults with no above mentioned systemic symptoms is either allergic or drug-induced. In children, it is usually viral.
  • Did you take any medicine in the past four days? Is the rash only on the chest? An insect bite is also a possibility. Such rashes should subside in a week. However, you need to keep a watch on the fever.
  • If the rash is bothering you, I would suggest an anti-allergic preferably a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast twice daily for three to five days, but avoid driving if you take these because they may cause excessive sleepiness.

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I woke up today sweating in my bed, but it was a little hot in my room. I had body aches and a cough, but I am positive that was from drinking too much and smoking. I could have come in contact with a bug, I was outside in a hot tub, and I had my shirt off for some time. Also, I saw it could be HIV, but I doubt that is possible. I have not had a partner in over a year, nor have I been sick since then.

#

• I believe that the rash is allergic and should go with anti-allergic medicines. HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) can also cause rashes, but why should we think of it for a rash which started overnight.
  • HIV rash says for months together and is associated with weigh loss, fever, and loose motions. I would suggest relax and take anti-allergic medicines.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|