Q. Am I suffering from male breast?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Am I suffering from a male breast (man boobs)? I am not overweight, but I feel my breast is big. Please evaluate from the picture. My testosterone level is 688. Please advise.

#

I understand your concerns. I have checked all the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Most likely, you have gynecomastia which is common in young males. The other possibility is hypertrophied subareolar fat which is an enlarged fatty layer under the nipple.

The difference is gynecomastia has a disc felt under the nipple and usually painful. So, please tell me if there is painful disc felt under the nipple.

Both conditions can be managed differently.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|