Q. Why am I behaving like a crazy person? Is it due to schizophrenia or Marijuana?

Unsure of diagnosis (could be a combination). My questions are as follows:

1. What is my diagnosis (they say schizophrenia and autism high spectrum) memorized 200 digits of pi in one day?

2. Could I not have mental illness and Marijuana was a one-time incidence?

3. If I do need medicines and stay on Lithium, how do I get off of Olanzapine after taking it for 20 days 5 mg and 10 days 10 mg? So not to go manic from the stop.

Took a lot of medical Marijuana with them and went crazy, they took me to the psych ward. Put me on medicines for the first time. Risperidone and Luvox and did great, so good I stopped taking it which I relapsed (did it too fast I believe) but the doctor will not put me back on. Then I went on Invega Sustena monthly shot and cut my self out of anger, did not really want to live, they took me off.

Put me on Lithium 900, did great for six months, then I missed a few doses and mania started coming to play. They added Olanzapine and that is where my problems started. Slammed the refrigerator door 10 times, broke it. Felt the need to listen to a message of jumping out a window (I did it on the ground floor), then broke a second story window due to a message in a song. I feel Olanzapine is increasing the message and I read that it can increase hallucinations. Can I just stop Olanzapine cold turkey? Still getting messages at 10 mg but never had messages before the Olanzapine (except during medical Marijuana).

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns about the diagnosis and problems encountered by you. Although the provided information is not sufficient to make a diagnosis of a case, but from the available description, it appears to me that you are suffering from cannabis-induced psychosis, a variant of schizophrenia which often starts with the use of cannabis. Although this has a cause, elimination of cause itself never sufficient to cure the problem.

I must acknowledge that before making a diagnosis I need to have access to all your records or at least 30 minutes interaction with you. As stated above I do not think your mental illness and Marijuana can be separated from each other. Although the literature is scarce I have seen multiple numbers of patients with cannabis-induced psychosis. Since the problem is already there I think there is a need to treat. Since you have responded well to Risperidone or Invega, I see more merit with Risperidone use in your case in compare to Olanzapine.

Although Olanzapine can be discontinued cold turkey, there is a need to manage those voices with the use of any other medication, preferably Risperidone as stated above. So I mean to say that it is fine to discontinue Olanzapine but simultaneously talk to your psychiatrist to prescribe Risperidone to manage those hallucinations. Having said this, I would like to inform you that we need to have a one to one discussion for making a proper diagnosis and designing the best strategy for the cure of your problem. This can be done through online consultation provided you are comfortable with the idea of online consultation.

|