Q. Will marijuana and drug abuse cause panic attacks frequently?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

I used marijuana for two years and used other drugs after that. Due to which I got a panic attack five years back. Now I have constipation due to depression. I do not have celiac disease and anemia. All my test reports are normal. I eat tablet Venlafaxine 150 mg twice daily, tablet Pregabalin 75 mg once at night, tablet Alprazolam 1 mg once at night. But it did not help me to overcome my irritation, confusion, mood swings, and body stiffness.

#

You have a major depressive disorder. There is non-pharmacological management for it, you should try to follow the below guidelines to deal with it.

1. Exercises daily for 30 to 45 minutes in the gym, go for a walk, or swim to boost your confidence. It will help you to deal with your constipation.

2. You should do meditation for 20 minutes daily, just sit at one place in a comfortable position and try to concentrate on your normal breathing, do not force yourself to stop your thoughts, just let it be. It will help you to relax and increases the concentration.

3. You should eat healthy home cooked foods and avoid junk foods.

4. You must drink adequate water.

5. You should spend quality time with friends and family daily or do video calls if you are living away from your family.

6. You should spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, learning new skills, language, or musical instruments.

7. You should get 7 to 8 hours of sleep daily.

8. Avoid tobacco, alcohol, or drug abuse. Never try marijuana in future.

9. Live your life and do not just spend it. Be bold and confident. Do not be afraid of anyone. Stop overthinking.

10. You must continue your medications.

|