Q. I have a painless, flat, red dot on the nose with skin change around the dot. Is this due to popping a pimple?

Dr. Snehal Laul

I have a non-painful, flat, red dot on the bridge of my nose. It is about the size of a pencil eraser. It does not ooze, there is no heat, and it is not textured differently from the rest of my face. The only difference between it and the skin around it is the color. I originally thought that it was irritation from popping a pimple in that area, but it is now three years old and has not gone away. It has not grown in that time either from what I can tell. I just want to know if this is something that I should be concerned with or have addressed?

#

It is a scar mark. Use Nexglow cream at night for 20 days, Aziderm 10 percent cream at daytime for 20 days, and Ahaglow face wash twice daily for 20 days. Take tablet Limcee 500 mg once daily for 30 days.

Any history of atopy or allergies? Any history of photosensitivity or long term sun exposure? Do steroid cream use on face? What is your skin type oily or dry? Do you have black patches or spots on the face? Freckles?

No history of allergies. Long history of photosensitivity attributed to eye trauma as a child. Medium or high sun exposure. I do not work in the sun but spend most of the time outside. I do not use any creams at this time. My skin is normally a little oily but can be balanced with over the counter face wash. I do not have any black spots or freckles on my face.

#

Use Cetaphil moisturizing cream or lotion daily for dry skin. Use mild soap like Cetaphil soap for bath. Avoid direct exposure to sunlight between 10 AM to 3 PM. Use photostable sunscreen thrice daily even indoors for 10 days and 30 minutes before going outdoors for 20 days.

Take Vitamin A rich foods like carrots and papaya. Apply good non-greasy sunscreen and use Ahaglow face wash twice daily for 20 days. After bath use moisturizing cream and in the evening can use emollient like Emoderm cream to make skin soft and smooth.

Follow up for any doubts. If sunscreen not suitable for your skin, it appears greasy revert back I will give other sunscreen.

|