Vitamin A

Is vitamin A harmful during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,I recently found out I am pregnant. I am currently terrified because I have been taking high doses of multivitamins, which contains lots of vitamin A. I took a handful of my son's vita-gummies for at least two months. They are sundown kids multivitamins. I estimate that I may have taken ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Lorena Zijaj

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Based on your LMP, you are 3 weeks + 6 days. So if you interrupted them three to four weeks ago, the conception has not even occurred. I checked a sundown kids supplements, and a gummy contains 1000 IU vitamin A. And a maximum dose ...  Read Full »

How to improve a baby's immunity?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is almost 9 months now. She is gaining good weight and height. What should I include in her diet chart to boost immunity, height and make her complexion bright? Please provide a good dietary solution.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Congratulations for having the little miracle. I guess she is breastfed. If that is correct, then she got plenty from her mom. Regarding the diet, the important point is to make sure that she gets all essential nutrients. Add diet rich in vitamin C, E and A, frui...  Read Full »

How to get rid of a painless flat dot on nose due to pimple popping?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a non-painful, flat, red dot on the bridge of my nose. It is about the size of a pencil eraser. It does not ooze, there is no heat, and it is not textured differently from the rest of my face. The only difference between it and the skin around it is the color. I originally thou...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a scar mark. Use Nexglow cream at night for 20 days, Aziderm 10 percent cream at daytime for 20 days, and Ahaglow face wash twice daily for 20 days. Take tablet Limcee 500 mg once daily for 30 days. Any history of atopy or allergies? Any history of photosens...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Vitamin A and D3 to manage acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to ask for an consultation for my supplementary intake. I am starting today to intake Vitamin A (Retinyl palmitate 3000 mcg, 10000 IU) and Vitamin D3 (25 mcg, 1000 IU) once daily. I am taking it because of its skin benefits since I am struggling with acne, but generally ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for asking question, as you have mentioned you are taking Vitamin A and D3, it is good for skin and you can continue taking it, but see at the age of 19 years which is teenage, so in young age, there will be many endocrinal hormonal changes will happen so firs...  Read Full »

Can a person with fatty liver take vitamin A and D supplements?

Query: Hi doctor, I have low vitamin A and D levels. Are vitamin A and D supplements safe to take with liver disease? What are the highest doses that are safe to take? I have fatty liver but I do not know if it is a simple fatty liver or has progressed to NASH and fibrosis. I am a 33-year-old female. I s...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your vitamin A level is marginal rather than low. Less than 0.7 or 0.5 is considered low and up to 1.05 is considered marginal. So, you will probably need supplements at a very low dose. Total intake of up to 10,000 units daily is unlikely to cause any harmful effect...  Read Full »

I experience hair loss only in a particular area. What kind of hair loss is this?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I experience hair loss in a particular area. The rest of the hair is fine and fairly thick. I just want to know, what type of hair loss is this considered to be? What stage is it at? If untreated, how bad can it get, what can we expect it to look like or b...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is frontal hair loss. It will be of great help if you can send me a picture taking from above. This kind of hair loss is commonly due to pollution, dust exposure and wrong combing met...  Read Full »

How is night blindness managed?

Query: Hello doctor, My father has night blindness and his overall vision is very bad. He is taking some medication to keep his vision from degrading. He has been given advise to try Ocuvite lutein and I am not sure whether that is a good product for him. I am not aware of the side effects associated with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Night blindness at this age is very unlikely. This is mostly seen in children due to vitamin A deficiency. First thing is we need to diagnose his condition. At this age night blindness can be due to to retinal problems like retinitis pigmentosa (genetic disorder in which...  Read Full »

My right eye is bigger than my left. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old girl, who weighs 59 kg and I am 165 cm tall. In some of my pictures, my eyes do not look the same. The right eye is quite bigger than the left one, but my eye lens looks the same size. Are there any ways to solve this problem? Is there any side effects of this? My eye...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is completely normal, as long as it does not interfere with your vision. Eyes have different parts like lens, sclera, iris, pupil, etc. As you have been talking about lens size that is a different thing, lens size has nothing to do with the overall eye size. You can...  Read Full »

My kid's eyeball size is quite big.What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday we had a consultation with an eye doctor for my kid. After diagnosis the doctor said "kid's eyeball size is quite big". He also said left and right eye have  "-4" power (not cylindrical) and retina is good. He also added that, at this stage we cannot do any thing and asked ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that your kid is having myopia (short sight). In myopia the eyeball size will be larger and no need to be worried about it. Since his retina is good he will do well. This is a commonly seen problem in children. This re...  Read Full »

Can I grow any longer by taking HGH?

Query: Hi doctor, Can I grow any longer? I am 16 years old. My parents' heights are about 5'5" and 5'0" and my sister is 5'1". I had my knee's and hand's X-ray and both of them are fused. Since then I have grown only an inch or two. I was 5'1" back then now I am like 5'3" or 5'4" in morning. I have been ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you would like to grow taller. Well, your predicted height according to your parents' height is expected to be 5'5". Even if your X-ray shows that your bones have fused it is still possible for ...  Read Full »