Q. What are the ways to treat razor bumps?

Dr. Megha Kakani

I have severe razor bumps and want to get rid of them ASAP. When I first started shaving I did not know the proper way to do it and scars where left over the years and razor bumps and sometimes ingrown hairs. I got tested for herpes because that is what I thought it was after a while but the test came back negative. I started waxing and she told me to exfoliate down there twice a week. I have done that and still no results. I do not even want to get waxed because it is very embarrassing having to show an ugly scared vagina. Please help.

Dr. Megha Kakani

Dermatology Venereology
#

I saw the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is very common because of the allergy secondary to shaving. Also happens after waxing. Anyways, try to avoid shaving as much as possible. If it is troubling you a lot, then you can go for laser permanent hair removal. For now I am prescribing you few creams. Start using it. Within a month it will decrease. We will take a follow up after a month and according to the response we will decide the further treatment plan.

Shaving, waxing.

Acneiform eruption/keratosis pilaris.

RETINO A 0.025 cream apply in the morning after bath.

Deriva BPO gel apply at night and wash after 1 hour.

Tablet Azithromycin 500 mg one tablet once a day after meal for 3 consecutive days in a week for 4 weeks.

Aquasoft cream: Apply twice a day.

| 

Why do I get red spots after shaving?

Query: Hi doctor, A fly bit on my neck around 2-3 days back. It has lead to red spot on that area and further the spots increased with time. I am not sure whether some of the spots have come as I shaved my beard at that time as well. But, such spots have never appeared due to shaving in the past. I have a...  Read Full »

Will scar revision work give me a virtually invisible scar?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been bitten by a dog three months ago. I have multiple scars but the worst one is above the upper lip. Unfortunately, I went to a dermatologist recommended by family and he insisted to apply Yag Laser at 55 days post-bite. I asked if it was not too soon but he said it was harmless a...  Read Full »

Why do I have boils in private area after shaving?

Query: Hi doctor, I shaved my lower region and then I had sex. Now I have boils around my private area. It is very painful. Please help.  Read Full »