Q. I masturbate by seeing sexy pictures. Is it harmful?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 13, 2019 and last reviewed on: Dec 14, 2019

I am a 23-year-old male. I am having a problem with masturbation, which is done mainly by seeing sexy pictures and imagining. Two years before, I had a very accident and saved by a neurosurgeon. Please advise.

#

In many parts of the world, sexuality is surrounded by a lot of myths and abnormal beliefs. Masturbation is one of them and it is considered a problem or disease by a large segment of society. In fact, it has no harmful effect if done for a reasonable time. For a 23-year-old male, a frequency of six to eight per week is absolutely normal. If it is beyond this and causes you pain than it needs some intervention. You need to take care of the force that you apply while masturbating. Do not use the rough surfaces to masturbate. If you are already taking care of a few things then you can enjoy yourself to the maximum extent.

Regarding your statement about the source of excitement (sexy pictures) that is absolutely fine. Most of us behave in this way only. There is nothing abnormal in masturbating once you get an erection after seeing sexy pictures. By the way, masturbation is natural sex which is practiced mainly because the other partner is not available. This is the way of releasing sexual tension by self.

Regarding your neurosurgery incident, I like to assure you that there is no relation in the majority. If you had a gross change in your personality and sexuality following surgery then also you need to be assessed for further management. If you had any change after surgery or your frequency is too high than desirable then book an appointment with me. I will help you with every possible means.

|