Q. My health is deteriorating due to masturbation. What do I do?

Published on May 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 30 year old male. I do not have any other health issues. My problem is regarding my deteriorating health condition after each masturbation. Usually I have been masturbating since very longtime. But since last few months, I have reduced the frequency to once in a week.

After each masturbation my body suffers from huge energy loss and mild anxiety along with hyperexcitability for more than a week. Recently I have been having sex with my girlfriend for a couple of times where I do not feel that much tired.

After few research on the internet, I came across serotonin and dopamine imbalance in the body, which I think is the cause for my health condition due to masturbation.

I request you to help me for my energy recovery and health maintenance.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

What you call a deteriorating medical condition is not due to masturbation. Masturbation is absolutely normal for any human being and science has clearly demonstrated that it does not have any bad effects on the body. You can take it as a normal sexual activity where other partner is absent and you stimulate yourself to enjoy the good feeling associated with orgasm. In fact it is much safer than real sex as there is no risk of contacting Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) with masturbation.What you are suffering is nothing other than the victim of all kind of non sense knowledge available in our society and over the internet.Having said this, what you are feeling is the normal reaction of body after any vigorous activity like exercise. It is usual to have such experiences but they are not harmful to your body.

There is a possibility that you are also having some anemia which is causing more tiredness.At this moment my advice to you is:

• Stop blaming masturbation.
  • Take adequate rest.
  • Take healthy diet including all nutrients.
  • Get your hemoglobin tested, so that required treatment can be given if necessary.
  • Do regular exercise.
  • Enjoy your sexual encounter in the way which you feel is appropriate for you.

For further management, revert back with the hemoglobin reports to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

How to identify the reason for palpitations?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from heart palpitations. Also, I have occasional breathlessness. For a while, I used Propranolol. But, it did not work. So, the doctor asked me to do a thyroid test and the result was normal. I do not know what to do. Please help  Read Full »

How do I overcome tiredness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male, married for 2 years now. My height is 178 cm and weight is 72 kg. I am not suffering with any medical conditions. I am working in a MNC. I do not have any work related stress as such. My problem is that I feel tired most of the time. I am also prone to getting ...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now