Q. Can I take Carisoprodol as I am allergic to Ibuprofen?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 03, 2019

I am allergic to Ibuprofen. Can I take Carisoprodol?

#

• Carisoprodol is a muscle relaxant barbiturate compound. Do not use it if you are allergic to Meprobamate, Tybamate or Mebutamate or Carisoprodol itself.
  • However, Ibuprofen allergy is not a contraindication for use of Carisoprodol as they are different line of compounds.
  • Be careful with the first use and pay special attention to any symptoms of allergy like itching, difficulty in breathing, cough, increased secretions, swelling of face, lips, tongue or throat, vomiting, severe dizziness, rashes, gastric upset, etc.
  • Do not use the drug if you have porphyria, blood disorders, liver problems, kidney problems, seizures, etc.
  • Also understand that it has addiction potential. It should be used by you only if you have been prescribed the same by a qualified registered medical practitioner.

For further information consult an allergy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

|