Q. I feel pain due to wisdom tooth eruption. What can I do at the earliest to manage the pain?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Published on Jan 28, 2019

I am having major pain in the back bottom right side of my mouth where my wisdom tooth is pushing in. I can see the wisdom tooth. What can I do for pain since the earliest my dentist can see me is in a week?

#

I had gone through your question I can understand your concern.

You need to use Hydrogen peroxidase 3% mouth wash. Make sure the concentration must not be more than that. You can also use antibiotics only after consulting your dentist.

You can also provide further details of your medical history or any drug allergy, including the pictures of erupting tooth so that I can offer you a better opinion and treatment plan.

Wisdom tooth eruption.

IOPAR x-ray.

Impaction.

Pericoronitis.

Mouth wash and antibiotics.

Avoid sticky foods.

How can I manage wisdom tooth eruption pain?

Query: Hello doctor, For the last two weeks, my two wisdom teeth on the right side of my face have been coming in. The pain has been incredibly severe and is almost unbearable at this point. I have been experiencing headaches and tenderness pain in my neck, jaw, and gums. I have trouble moving my jaw and ...  Read Full »

The area near the last molar is swollen and painful. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, The area in the end of the last molar is swollen and it is painful. The last molar in the above side of the mouth is coming in contact with that skin below from yesterday. I thought it will be normal in a day and the pain was less in the morning but now it is the same as yesterday nig...  Read Full »

I have pain on the left side of the jaw. Is it due to an impacted tooth or a tooth with large filling?

Query: Hi doctor, Approximately six weeks ago, I got niggling wisdom teeth pain. The left top and bottom wisdom teeth were breaking through the gums. I got sudden pain which was severe in intensity around the back of my mouth and the lower left side. It got aggravated especially on chewing and radiating to...  Read Full »