Q. I doubt this is a nevus, is it so?

Dr. Anand
Published on Mar 25, 2016

When I go to sauna I do not have goggles on to protect my eyes. Then there is exposure to heat. I have attached my reports. I would like to know is it a nevus? Should I worry about it? I appreciate your answers. Thanks.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I checked your pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity).

• I am not sure whether it is a nevus. I am more inclined to say that it is not a nevus. Unless I examine you directly, I cannot be sure.
  • You can send better pictures, so that I can help you better. Even if it is a nevus, you do not have to worry since, nevi very rarerly become melanoma.
  • You need not worry at all. There is no association between steam bath and eye problems.
  • Just up to 40 degrees heat will not do any harm to eyes, if above that then avoid direct exposure.

Revert back with clear photographs to an eye care ophthalmologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Thanks for your reply. I have one more doubt. My son died one and a half year ago in an auto accident when he was 19. When he was 14 years, optometrist noticed some spots in his eyes. I went back to the optometrist and luckily he still had his photos with him. I have attached the photos for your reference. Please let me know if you see any problems or any nevi there. I am worried if they grew to something bad and caused him flashes or something and caused the accident. I would appreciate your feedback.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have gone through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of retina of your son.

• There is nothing abnormal in his retina. Everything looks perfect.
  • Everyone has different appearance of fundus like everyone has different faces, any spot cannot be pathological.
  • Experience tells what is normal and what is pathological. I am sure you also do not have anything in your eyes to be worried about.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

I have a new mole with a small hair growth. Does it look concerning?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a history of melanoma and now I have a mole. I am not aware how long this mole has been here on my arm. But it just really stands out and makes me nervous. Does this mole look concerning? It has a small hair that is growing in it. Previously, melanoma was removed from my left h...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your concern may be acquired compound nevus or melanocytic nevi with dysplastic changes since there is no clear margin. It is advisable to have a histopathological examination of the mole for confirma...  Read Full

How to Select a Sunscreen?

Article Overview: The most common questions in dermatological practice are which sunscreen to use and while going out in the sun what are the sun protection measures. The answers are here in this article. Read Article

Ultraviolet radiation like UVA and UVB has been well documented to have multiple effects on human skin. It not only causes skin cancer, but also cutaneous aging like seborrheic keratosis, photomelanosis (pigmentation on sun exposed parts), wrinkles, polymorphous light eruption, melasma, freckles, le...  Read Article