Q. I doubt this is a nevus, is it so?

Dr. Anand Yattinamani
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2019

When I go to sauna I do not have goggles on to protect my eyes. Then there is exposure to heat. I have attached my reports. I would like to know is it a nevus? Should I worry about it? I appreciate your answers. Thanks.

#

I checked your pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity).

• I am not sure whether it is a nevus. I am more inclined to say that it is not a nevus. Unless I examine you directly, I cannot be sure.
  • You can send better pictures, so that I can help you better. Even if it is a nevus, you do not have to worry since, nevi very rarerly become melanoma.
  • You need not worry at all. There is no association between steam bath and eye problems.
  • Just up to 40 degrees heat will not do any harm to eyes, if above that then avoid direct exposure.

Revert back with clear photographs to an eye care ophthalmologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Thanks for your reply. I have one more doubt. My son died one and a half year ago in an auto accident when he was 19. When he was 14 years, optometrist noticed some spots in his eyes. I went back to the optometrist and luckily he still had his photos with him. I have attached the photos for your reference. Please let me know if you see any problems or any nevi there. I am worried if they grew to something bad and caused him flashes or something and caused the accident. I would appreciate your feedback.

#

I have gone through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of retina of your son.

• There is nothing abnormal in his retina. Everything looks perfect.
  • Everyone has different appearance of fundus like everyone has different faces, any spot cannot be pathological.
  • Experience tells what is normal and what is pathological. I am sure you also do not have anything in your eyes to be worried about.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|