Q. What is the treatment for two perfectly symmetrical colored moles on the neck?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

I am a teenager. Six months ago, I noticed that I had two colored moles on my neck. I immediately went to a dermatologist. She checked all my moles and she told me that the two colored moles were perfectly symmetrical. So, she did not offer to remove it. I have learned from the internet that in my age the doctors do not really offer to remove a mole. The mole has not changed at all yet. I had blood tests six months back and everything was normal. Do you think I have to worry or go back to the dermatologist?

#

• One should always look for the following changes for melanocytic nevus:
  1. Change in color and irregular surface.
  2. Increase in the size of the lesion.
  3. Irregular margins.
  4. Inflammation.
  5. Bleeding, crusting, and oozing.
  • There are many types of melanocytic nevus. It is basically a benign mole but there can be a chance of malignant transformation. The exact incidence is not known.
  • Since there is no change in size, shape, and color of the nevus, I would not suggest a skin biopsy at present.
  • But if there are changes then a skin biopsy has to be considered before removal.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|