Q. Can I use Tezcort 3S for yellow skin and melasma?

Dr. Suvina Attavar

I am 28 years old, a female and I have yellow skin and have melasma on both the cheeks and nose and its been for four years. I have shown it to 3 to 4 doctors within these years and applied many different creams which did not work much. Finally, someone suggested me to apply Tezcort 3S which has lightened my melasma but I have grown pimples because of that I think and my face is not as smooth like before. Even though I had melasma I used to have healthy and smooth skin and now I miss that skin. In order to cure my melasma I applied many different creams because of that I feel like my skin is not good now. Presently doctor prescribed me to apply Kojivit ultra gel but I did not get good result and melasma becomes prominent when I apply it. So I stoped it and now I am applying Tezcort 3S again. Please help.

#

The pimples and uneven skin you have developed is because you have used a strong steroid with Salicylic acid, Tezcort 3S (Clobetasol propionate). This is dangerous and not supposed to be applied over the face. It can cause acne, thinning of skin, telangiectasia and facial hair. I would suggest that you stop Tezcort immediately. You can use Benzoyl peroxide cream over your pimples at night. Once the pimples subside, you can use the Brite Lite cream at night over the melasma in small quantities or you could go for chemical peeling. Make sure you use a sunscreen in the morning which is a must.

|