Q. How to manage heavy periods with clots?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
Published on Mar 18, 2019

I am having a lot of clotting bigger than quarter size back to back, filling my tampon or pad in less than an hour. I am not on any medications and there is no bad medical history.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If this is the first time that you are experiencing excessive bleeding and clots are being passed, then you can opt for antifibrinolytics for controlling the bleeding presently. You can choose for an ultrasound pelvis once the bleeding stops to look for an organic cause.

A single episode can be more likely to be due to stress-induced hormonal imbalances. You may maintain a menstrual calendar for the next three months and see if the pattern persists. If it does, you may be required to be placed on oral contraceptive pills for at least three months to control such menorrhagic episodes.

Unless I take progesterone, I am bleeding continuously. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 5'10" and 250 lbs. I am 28 years old. I have a history of PCOS, had an endometrial biopsy, and it came back negative for hyperplasia and malignancy. The reason for my visit was period started with passing large clots and continuous period. Currently, I am menstruating for three mon...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have black discharge after Depo-Provera injection?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an abortion four months ago, I never went back to get checked out and it was a D and E. I am also on Depo-Provera, second dose. I am experiencing dark brown and black discharge with clots. I feel bloated and I have bits of pain. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Does taking Krimson cause heavy bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor,I have PCOS and I visited a dermatologist for acne and hirsutism profile. She suggested me Krimson 35 for 21 days and Aldactone 50 for three months. I am on my fourth day of my periods and my bleeding had reduced but when I consumed Krimson 35 before going to sleep my bleeding increased...  Read Full »