Q. My daughter recently attained puberty and she is bleeding from 35 days. Can you please help?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

My daughter is 12 years old. She is having prolonged menstruation for more than 35 days as on date. She just attained her reproductive maturity last month, and did not even complete her first cycle properly.

I have consulted many doctors, and all the reports are normal. Only the hemoglobin levels are low, due to the current condition. I am very worried and not sure how long this will continue.

A doctor has suggested Regestrone 5 mg tablet, and I believe it is a hormone-based tablet, that might have side effects. I need help on why my daughter is undergoing this and if this is curable naturally.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

This condition is called puberty menorrhagia, which is quite common in young girls of this age group. Please relax and do not worry. It will settle down within six months duration.

Ensure you give her an iron-rich diet and iron supplements. Keep her well hydrated. Ask her to take plenty of fluids, vegetables, and fruits.

Regesterone is safe and effective. There is no harm in taking the medication, it will help control her bleeding.

If you have any queries, feel free to ask me. Take care.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Hello doctor,

Thank you for the prompt and detailed response. Will start her on Regesterone as per the doctor's advice.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You are most welcome.

There is definitely nothing to worry about. Just take good care of her diet and give her proper rest.

For any further assistance, you can get back to me. Take care.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|