Q. Is the menstrual irregularity related to the COVID vaccination?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I am in a live-in relationship, but we live apart these days because of work. I got fully vaccinated, and since then, I have been experiencing a delay in my period. Initially, the wait was two weeks, but it was more than two weeks this time. What is the possible reason? Is it related to the vaccine? What should I do to get my period regular? I wish you could help me with my problem.

#

First of all, let me tell you that the COVID vaccine does not affect menstrual cycles after this long time. It is generally due to some other problem. To correct this abnormal cycle, you need to take oral contraceptive pills. However, to cure the root cause, some diagnostic tests are required. I suggest getting TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), and prolactin levels test done. Secondly, being underweight can also cause this abnormality, so I would advise you to build up some weight and take some bodybuilding proteins. You can follow up with reports with me at icliniq.com. Do not worry. You will improve over time.

Hope this helps.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|