Q. Nowadays, I am not getting excited after masturbation. Will it be a side effect of Metoprolol?

Dr. Alon Seifan

I am 24 years old. I am taking Metoprolol succinate for three months for viral infection. My cardiologist said that the viral infection is almost gone, but I should keep taking the Metoprolol succinate for three more months that is overall six six months. Initially, I had 50 mg, and now he changed the dose to 25 mg. My question is regarding masturbation. Before taking Metoprolol, I feel chills all over my body on ejaculation. But, I am getting the feeling only in my head now. Is this normal? Or is this a side effect of the Metoprolol?

Dr. Alon Seifan

Neurology
#

• Metoprolol will block the autonomic nervous system, which is the fight and flight response or the rest and digest response that we have when we get excited or relaxed.
  • Feeling chills on our body is also controlled by the autonomic nervous system. So, it makes sense to me that Metoprolol has blocked some of those sensations. You will be fine once you stop the medicine after three months.

Metoprolol

The side effect of medication.

Continue treatment as prescribed.

For further information consult a neurologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|