Q. Nowadays, I am not getting excited after masturbation. Will it be a side effect of Metoprolol?

Dr. Alon Seifan
Published on Oct 11, 2017

I am 24 years old. I am taking Metoprolol succinate for three months for viral infection. My cardiologist said that the viral infection is almost gone, but I should keep taking the Metoprolol succinate for three more months that is overall six six months. Initially, I had 50 mg, and now he changed the dose to 25 mg. My question is regarding masturbation. Before taking Metoprolol, I feel chills all over my body on ejaculation. But, I am getting the feeling only in my head now. Is this normal? Or is this a side effect of the Metoprolol?

Dr. Alon Seifan

Neurology
#

• Metoprolol will block the autonomic nervous system, which is the fight and flight response or the rest and digest response that we have when we get excited or relaxed.
  • Feeling chills on our body is also controlled by the autonomic nervous system. So, it makes sense to me that Metoprolol has blocked some of those sensations. You will be fine once you stop the medicine after three months.

Metoprolol

The side effect of medication.

Continue treatment as prescribed.

For further information consult a neurologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

What is Tazloc 40 used for?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 46 year old male. My height is 165 cm and weight is 65 kg. I am a known HTN since 3 years. My medications were Olmezest 10 mg once daily in the morning and Prolomet XL 50 mg once daily in the evening. Now I am diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My readings are FBS 141, PPBS 236 and BP...  Read Full »

Is Metpure-XL (Metoprolol) advisable in sinus bradycardia?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been a high BP and sinus bradycardia (heart rate of 52) patient for the last four years. I used to take Metpure-XL 25 mg after breakfast based on my cardiologist's advice. For the last six months, I was having headache and confusion plus slightly increased urination. Last wee...  Read Full »

I am feeling uneasy and my BP reading is lower than usual. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, Every time my blood pressure will be in the range of 160/110 mmHg or 150/100 mmHg. But, today, it is 90/70 mmHg. I am feeling uneasy and uncomfortable. Previously, I had angio twice, and it was all right. I am currently on Coversyl Dytor, Ecosprin, Rosuvastatin, Starpress and Vertin. I ha...  Read Full »