Q. I am concerned about my micropenis. Please help.

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

I am a 23-year-old male with a micropenis since birth. I underwent a testosterone test which revealed that my testosterone levels are completely normal, though my sex hormone-binding globulin level is low. My mother gave me a history of exposure to pesticides when she was pregnant with me. However, I am not sure what the cause could be. I am worried, please help.

#

Welcome to iCliniq.com.

I read your query and can understand your concern.

1) Firstly, the average length of a stretched penis without erection is 12 cm.

2) Secondly, there is no medication to enlarge the penis, and even testosterone can never increase the penis length. Testosterone might be required to increase the glans size in babies before hypospadias (a congenital disability in which the urethral opening is not in the penis tip) repair, but it has no role in adults.

3) As your testosterone level is normal, you do not require supplements, and the sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) is better to be less as a high level will bind free testosterone, causing it to be inactive. Also, in my opinion, the length of the penis does not matter in sex; the main thing is to have a firm erection and for a prolonged time. So, please do not worry.

Revert with images, preferably using a ruler to show stretched penile length to help you better.

|