Q. How to prevent further deterioration of gap between the front teeth?

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have always had perfect teeth. But recently, I noticed a small gap forming between my front two teeth and my incisor had rotated a bit. Tooth gaps are in my family. Is there any way I can prevent my teeth from deteriorating?

#

I have read through your complaint and the relevant details.

• Tooth gaps in the front are inherited in families to a certain extent. A study has even proved that there is as high as 62.5% of patients have midline gap running in families.
  • You also have mentioned that one of your incisor teeth is rotated. This means the tooth has adjusted to space during the eruption of other permanent teeth in that row.
  • These midline gaps can be easily corrected. There are a lot of methods to correct them. But considering your age, I advise you to visit your nearby orthodontist that is, braces specialist to analyse the condition.
  • You need not worry that your teeth are deteriorating because gap closure treatment through braces does not involve any grinding of any tooth.
  • Also, I would recommend you to choose braces treatment in order to correct the rotated tooth as well as the closure of the gap for a successful long time result. This is better comparing any filling procedures, which cannot be claimed to be permanent.
  • The braces treatment takes up to one year to complete. But, it is worth the wait. You can smile without any shy.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|