Midline Shift

My centers are not in the midline and the chin is too big. Am I a candidate for jaw surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My teeth were not straight in the past, so I had braces to straighten them up (just finished my treatment last year). However, I still think there are multiple odd things in my face and upper/lower bites. When I open my mouth wide, the right side of my face pops and my chin does n...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Saketh Gummuluru

Dentist, Oral Implantologist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query, but the picture links you sent are not opening at all. Kindly send me the pictures again so that I will be able to answer better.  Read Full »

Is it wise to undergo interproximal reduction to help my midline shift?

Query: Hi doctor, I am undergoing invisalign treatment. My teeth have straightened out, bite is correct and the midlines of my top and bottom arches are aligned. However, both arches are about 1mm off from the midline of my face. Is this something that can be fixed with elastics? Or if I were to have mor...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly upload an image of your teeth in closed position and lips wide open as much possible for assessing the current situation. As you have mentioned rest all of your complaints have been resolved but still there is 1 mm shift from the midline joining your nose a...  Read Full »

How can dental midline deviation be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, and I have an issue with my upper teeth. I lost the right canine tooth when I was young, which made my upper front teeth to move to the side. And my front two teeth are a little big. I consulted a local dentist, who said the solution is to take out one normal tooth, that...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome¬†to icliniq.com. Without any clinical pictures, it is hard to comment on the situation. However, I will give you some basic facts. When a tooth is lost or removed on one side, the rest of the teeth tend to move in that space. Thus shifting the midline to one side. To correct this, there ...  Read Full »