Q. What are the options to correct dental midline shift?

Answered by Dr. Prerna Jain and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Midline Shift or Orthodontic Treatment? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: What are the options to correct dental midline shift?

I am a female, and I have an issue with my upper teeth. I lost the right canine tooth when I was young, which made my upper front teeth to move to the side. And my front two teeth are a little big. I consulted a local dentist, who said the solution is to take out one normal tooth, that is, the tooth after my left canine. Then he will put braces to align the other teeth, and he said he will bring my teeth back in the center. I just want to know if there are any other options to correct my teeth. I do not want to loose a good tooth. Can you help me?