Milestone Delay

Why is my 3 year old speaking only very few words?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 3 years old. He is not speaking like other children of the same age. He is speaking very few words. What do I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Kanwar Deep

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. He has probably not interacted verbally enough with family members and other children of his age. Presuming his hearing capacity is normal, the above mentioned might be the reason. Please interact with him more often in the form of talking to him and storytelling wh...  Read Full »

What could cause an unsteady gait in a toddler?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter was a late walker. She started to walk when she was 18 months old. Now, at 20 months, it feels like she is still very unsteady and her gait is weird. I have attached a link to a video of how she walks. Please see it. Is there a real reason to be concerned or is it normal af...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After seeing the video (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that she walks with an ataxic gait. There may also be some component of spasticity (stiffness in her lower limbs). It looks a little abnormal because she is tripping and falling. This c...  Read Full »

My kid has a milestone delay. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My kid has a developmental delay. He is missing his milestones. He is 1 year 10 months. He does not walk or kneel or speak yet. His TMS and GC-MS reports showed negative. We started Levi Pil syrup (Levetiracetam) based on the attached EEG report.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Regarding the prescription of Levetiracetam, it is completely right as there is evidence of absence seizures indicated by EEG (electroencephalogram). Regarding developmental delay, there is a need for MRI brain. As mentione...  Read Full »

My 11 months old baby is still not sitting. What is your advice?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is preterm, and the corrected age is 11 months and 6 days. He is still not sitting. When we consulted a doctor, he advised for PT. And he said, we may need to check an MRI after 15 months of age if it persists. What is your advice?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. A child starts to sit without support at 8 months of age and with support at 5 months of age. So, the development is delayed in your child, and the most probable cause for this is preterm birth. The doctor has rightly said that MRI brain ne...  Read Full »

How to control my son's behavioral problems?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5.5 years old with developmental delay, speech delay and poor motor skills. He is always hitting, biting and scratching other kids or me when he is upset for any reason. I do not know how to deal with this. I have tried many things, but nothing works. Also, he has a 9 year ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Young children with delayed milestones are at high risk of conditions like ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactive disorder) or autism or even behavioral problems. Probably, he needs a careful evaluation to find these problems. Having said that, try...  Read Full »

My son's speech is not clear. Does he suffer from autism?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5 years old. He was delayed in speech. Now, he started talking, but he is not clear. I consulted a doctor, and he suggested Sizodon 0.5 every day for tics. Yesterday, his preschool skills and LD were evaluated, and they said he has LD. Is there any problem with the above medic...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son is showing delayed milestone. He may have autism. Tablet Sizodone contains Risperidone that is centrally acting anticholinergic drug. It has its own side effects, but you can definitely use it if there are tics. It should be taken after consultation with a n...  Read Full »

1.8 years old is not crawling yet. What can be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby girl is 1.8 years old. All her activities are normal. But, she did not crawl yet. She can sit in bed from a lying position and stand by holding something for 10 minutes. She is not stepping forward. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your daughter is having some delay in walking. We expect them to achieve this function by 12 or 13 months. Does she recognize parents? Can she hear and say some words with meaning? As you said that her activities are normal, I presume yes. So, maybe she has a delay in...  Read Full »

My 8 months old son gets constipated very easily. What shall I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My 8 month old son is having eczema issues since he was around 2 months old. I presume because of allergies. We have tried many things to find what causes his issues, but still have not got it to go away long term. My main concern is that he has had issues with digestion for the past f...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not unusual for infants to have constipation and milk protein allergies are also not that uncommon. You can try Similac has a product by the name of Similac Alimentum; they are broken down milk proteins. You can also try soy milk. You have to be very careful abou...  Read Full »