Q. My kid has a milestone delay. Why?

and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 03, 2021

My kid has a developmental delay. He is missing his milestones. He is 1 year 10 months. He does not walk or kneel or speak yet. His TMS and GC-MS reports showed negative. We started Levi Pil syrup (Levetiracetam) based on the attached EEG report.

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• Regarding the prescription of Levetiracetam, it is completely right as there is evidence of absence seizures indicated by EEG (electroencephalogram).
  • Regarding developmental delay, there is a need for MRI brain. As mentioned by examining doctor, there is regression after one year of normal development in milestones, which cannot be considered normal.
  • The child needs extensive evaluation including brain MRI for proper diagnosis and management. For further information consult back soon.

What can I do further, sir?

#

Thanks for the follow-up. I will request you to visit a doctor soon for further evaluation. In case it is far away, the next option is consulting a specialist. I hope this helps you. Thanks again.

|