Q. My kid has a milestone delay. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2021

My kid has a developmental delay. He is missing his milestones. He is 1 year 10 months. He does not walk or kneel or speak yet. His TMS and GC-MS reports showed negative. We started Levi Pil syrup (Levetiracetam) based on the attached EEG report.

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• Regarding the prescription of Levetiracetam, it is completely right as there is evidence of absence seizures indicated by EEG (electroencephalogram).
  • Regarding developmental delay, there is a need for MRI brain. As mentioned by examining doctor, there is regression after one year of normal development in milestones, which cannot be considered normal.
  • The child needs extensive evaluation including brain MRI for proper diagnosis and management.

For further information consult a neurologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

what can I do in further sir?
# Dear Murugan,
Thanks for follow up.

I will request you to visit NIMHANS Bangalore for further evaluation. In case it is far away the next option is CMC vellore followed by JIPMER.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks again.

|