Q. My kid has a milestone delay. Why?

My kid has a developmental delay. He is missing his milestones. He is 1 year 10 months. He does not walk or kneel or speak yet. His TMS and GC-MS reports showed negative. We started Levi Pil syrup (Levetiracetam) based on the attached EEG report.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• Regarding the prescription of Levetiracetam, it is completely right as there is evidence of absence seizures indicated by EEG (electroencephalogram).
  • Regarding developmental delay, there is a need for MRI brain. As mentioned by examining doctor, there is regression after one year of normal development in milestones, which cannot be considered normal.
  • The child needs extensive evaluation including brain MRI for proper diagnosis and management.

For further information consult a neurologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

| 

Is there any epilepsy that does not cause physical seizures?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a wide array of mental symptoms for around nine years. Some years ago, I went to see a neurologist. He took an EEG, and found "epileptiform activity", I think in temporal lobes. So he said I have epilepsy and prescribed Valproate. He said my depersonalisation...  Read Full »

There is a white mass above my teeth in MRI. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a brain MRI nine months ago. The report came back completely normal. I decided to look at the images last night and I noticed this bright white mass above my teeth. Either the mass is near my teeth or in my sinuses. I am worried that I have a tumor growing and it was looked over...  Read Full »

From my history, please explain the problem I have.

Query: Hi doctor,I have had migraines all of my life as long as I can remember. A year ago, I suddenly fainted, hit my head on the wall and received a concussion. Right before I fainted, I was feeling like I had to burp and I had lots of saliva in my mouth. My head was hurting and I felt dizzy. Then, I fel...  Read Full »