Q. My 11 months old baby is still not sitting. What is your advice?

Dr. Deepak Patel

My baby is preterm, and the corrected age is 11 months and 6 days. He is still not sitting. When we consulted a doctor, he advised for PT. And he said, we may need to check an MRI after 15 months of age if it persists. What is your advice?

#

I can understand your concerns.

• A child starts to sit without support at 8 months of age and with support at 5 months of age. So, the development is delayed in your child, and the most probable cause for this is preterm birth.
  • The doctor has rightly said that MRI brain needs to be done to know the cause. Till then, you should do physiotherapy to strengthen the muscles of the child, so that the activity can improve.
  • Further advice will depend on MRI report. Please review with the report. Take care.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|