Q. From my photos, can you tell me if it is milia?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 13, 2019

I am sending photos. Can you please advise if it is milia, a whitehead? It is getting bigger and I hate it so much. My esthetician tried to remove it. I am going to see her tomorrow. Is it worth trying again? There has to be some way to get rid of this. Please tell that to me. I am currently on Xanax and Simvastatin.

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetology Dermatology Hair Transplant Surgeon Venereology
#

• It does not look like milia at all. First, milia do not come single.
  • Also, we need to just take out material inside it and it disappears. For which, you have tried many times, but in vain.
  • It is looking like a simple mole-like age-related growth. But, I cannot confirm it just by seeing.
  • You go to your esthetician and tell her or him to pinch by needle and squeeze it. If it is solid and no material comes out, then it is sure that it is a mole-like growth. If any material comes out, then we have to think another way.
  • So, just get it done and let me know for further evaluation.

Revert back with the details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

If it is a mole-like growth, then how do you remove it? Will it leave a scar? And, if she does squeeze it out that would be good, right? I am very nervous.

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

#

• Do not be nervous just because of one simple thing.
  • Actually, removing milia involved this procedure only. It means making a small hole with needle and remove material inside it by gently squeezing or putting pressure. If it is solid, then nothing will come out and it will rule out that it is milia.
  • I feel like it is a small mole-like thing. If it is a mole and you want to get it removed, then we can do it by radiofrequency method.
  • But, recurrence is very common. It comes again and again, even after removing and the same is happening with you. So, removal needs skill and have to access that how deep we should go without giving you scar.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 
Hi Dr Gupta, My derm said I have a small epidermal cyst. She won't do anything to it I don't know why maybe because it will scar. Some days it's not noticeable some days it is. It's gets small then bigger then small but it's still there. It doesn't hurt at all it doesn't move around it's just there. I hate looking at it more that I can say. Going to my aesthetician next week for a facial. Do you think she'll be able to needle it and squeeze it out without damaging the skin? I'm willing to try again but I'm nervous. Sorry to be a pain I appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

# Hello welcome

well it can be spidermal cyst or can be mole. in both case it is useless to get removed by just by pinning it or squeezing it. it won't go by doing it.

And yes if you want to get it removed there is chance that scar may come.

I would suggest you not to irritate it unnecessary. and beautician won't be able to remove it.

| 
Do you think it will get bigger? Will it go away on it's own?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

# Most of the time it does not increase in size and many time it go away itself . So do not worry about it much. it won't trouble you much.
With time I would faded away.

|