Q. I found bumps on my pubic area, are they molluscum?

Dr. Rashmi Singh
Published on Jun 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have had molluscum on my pubic area and my doctor said that was cleared a month ago. Today, I found two small bumps, which are 1 mm or lesser than that. One is yellowish brown in color and another one is pink in color. It might have a hair coming out of the side, but I am not sure. I am attaching the photo. Could either of them be molluscum? Please explain me.

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

One of the lesions looks like milia, obstruction of sweat duct, which is very close differential of molluscum contagiosum (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Another lesion just looks like pseudofolliculitis. Both of them have very less chance of spreading.

Do not worry about them. You can get the milia removed at any day.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

About the pink one, you said it looked like pseudofolliculitis. But, I do not shave my pubic area. So, is this possible? Please explain me.

Dr. Rashmi Singh

#

Yes, it is possible. Coarse hair can grow inward and give rise to pseudofolliculitis.

What can be done to treat white bumps on the face?

Query: Hello doctor, I have white bumps on the face. Please advise the treatment.  Read Full »