Milia

Why do I have white spots in penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a question.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is redness. It looks like folliculitis as per the picture. I cannot really comment on what is going on unless you mention symptoms. Please elaborate your skin problem. Do you have itching? How l...  Read Full »

Please see my photos and let me know if it is milia.

Query: Hi doctor, I am sending photos. Can you please advise if it is milia, a whitehead? It is getting bigger and I hate it so much. My esthetician tried to remove it. I am going to see her tomorrow. Is it worth trying again? There has to be some way to get rid of this. Please tell that to me. I am cu...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does not look like milia at all. First, milia do not come single. Also, we need to just take out material inside it and it disappears. For which, you have tried many times, but in vain. It is looking like a simple mole-like age-related growth. But, I cannot confirm ...  Read Full »

Is it possible to remove milia with a needle?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a noticeable milia spot on my cheek. My dermatologist said that she would extract, but it could leave a dented scar. I have read that it does not scar. I am very nervous and unhappy with this milia, which looks like a big whitehead. Will it be safe to get it extracted? I have panic...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Milia are a white material containing papule type lesions that mainly presents over the face. Milia are due to sun exposure. Long term sunlight exposure cause sweating and mild sunlight reaction and in turn form milia. If you notice the area, then you will come to kn...  Read Full »

10-year-old has white spots on cheeks. What has caused it?

Query: Hello doctor, My 10-year-old son has white spots on his cheeks. They have been around for the last couple of years. Some appear to look like blackheads. I do not know how to treat them. Or if this is milia or keratosis. They are only on his cheeks and some tiny spots under his eye. But chin and for...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The white colored papules are indeed milia. The others are comedones. Comedones are part of acne vulgaris.  Read Full »

What can be done to treat white bumps on the face?

Query: Hello doctor, I have white bumps on the face. Please advise the treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are milias. These are small keratin cysts that appear on the skin. There are different treatment options available for it. But the best and definitive treatment is to cauterize it.  Read Full »

I found bumps on my pubic area, are they molluscum?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had molluscum on my pubic area and my doctor said that was cleared a month ago. Today, I found two small bumps, which are 1 mm or lesser than that. One is yellowish brown in color and another one is pink in color. It might have a hair coming out of the side, but I am not sure. I am...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. One of the lesions looks like milia, obstruction of sweat duct, which is very close differential of molluscum contagiosum (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Another lesion just looks like pseudofolliculitis. Both of them have very less chance of sprea...  Read Full »

I have white, acne like boils on my face. What could it be?

Query: Hi, I have acne like boils on my face. When it comes in contact with sweat and water it looks white. What could it be?   Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be an entity called milia. Milia are small white bumps that appear superficially on the skin. There are several treatments for the same. Do not try to squeeze the lesions. It will lead to pigmentation. To confirm if the lesion is milia, attach pic...  Read Full »

How can these boils on my face be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old female. For the past one month, I have got these boils on my face. Ten years ago, I had the same issue and got treated. It is a kind of acne that is what the doctor had diagnosed at that time. At present, I do not take any medications for the same.These are the sam...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) You have lots of closed comedones on your forehead. Yes, it is acne. There are two types of comedones. They are closed comedones nothing but whiteheads and the other are open comedones wh...  Read Full »

I have many bumps that are joining together and growing big. How to get rid of them?

Query: Hello doctor, I have many mole types of bumps joining up together. They have a waxy look and sometimes there is a yellow keratin-like fluid coming out of them. It is above my lip and no it is not cold sores. It has been growing over the last year. How can I remove it as it is getting big?¬†They are ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the clinical photographs attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The differential diagnoses are: Closed comedones. Molluscum contagiosum. Milia. The treatment for all the above is needling and curettage. In case of mol...  Read Full »

My 10 days old baby got a rash on his chin. What can we do for that?

Query: Hi doctor,Our newborn boy is now 10 days old. He drinks soy formula milk because he is allergic to milk. Today, he started having this rash on his chin (photo attached). He wears gloves but likes to touch his chin. What can we do?  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen the photo of the rash that you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity).As it is present only on the chin, it is less likely to be an allergic rash, which in contrast will be on the entire body.This rash looks more so like a type of milia. It w...  Read Full »