Q. When the milk teeth are shaky, the permanent teeth are erupting slighty inward. Please help.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

My daughter is 6.5 years old. Two of her front teeth are shaky but not falling off but I see the new is growing because of space the old one occupying, new one growing is not aligned. It looks like it is growing little inward and cross.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry Endodontist
#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

I went through your query and also seen the image attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As a specialist it is quite fine, she is on the safer side as no such visible misalignment once the permanent tooth erupts fully.

As you mentioned and also visible from the image upper left centra incisor (baby tooth) looks totally mobile, it is better to pull it out. You can get a numbing gel like Rexidine M Forte (Chlorhexidine, Metronidazole, and Lignocaine) gel. Apply over the gums on the mobile tooth. Hold the mobile tooth with a piece of cotton and pull it out if possible. Hold the area with a new cotton gauze to arrest the bleeding.

If not possible let it be as placed it might fall off itself seeing the condition. She will be fine, it was better if the tooth was extracted earlier, then there would not be any chances of malalignment. But it very minute and would not be visible as such. Try feeding hard food, small pieces of hard fruits they might help.

I hopethis helps.

Palatal eruption of left upper incisor due to delayed shedding of the primary tooth.

Seven days or anytime if you need any more help.

| 

Is it common to extract milk teeth for the eruption of permanent teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is eight years old and still have all his baby teeth. Now there is one permanent tooth erupting behind one of his baby teeth. I took him to a dentist and he suggested extracting all the eight teeth (four up and four down) to give space for the permanent teeth to erupt. It would be...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for dentigerous cyst and odontoma present in my lower gums?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been detected with a dentigerous cyst and compound odontoma inside my lower gums. I have been advised for removal of the cyst and to have a biopsy of the cyst for odontoma. I do not have pain and swelling. I visited a dentist before few months where I took an X-ray. We found a sma...  Read Full »

Tooth is erupting behind milk tooth. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My niece is currently 6 years old and her tooth is growing up behind her milk tooth that has not fallen out yet. What should we do?  Read Full »