Q. When the milk teeth are shaky, the permanent teeth are erupting slighty inward. Please help.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

My daughter is 6.5 years old. Two of her front teeth are shaky but not falling off but I see the new is growing because of space the old one occupying, new one growing is not aligned. It looks like it is growing little inward and cross.

#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

I went through your query and also seen the image attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As a specialist it is quite fine, she is on the safer side as no such visible misalignment once the permanent tooth erupts fully.

As you mentioned and also visible from the image upper left centra incisor (baby tooth) looks totally mobile, it is better to pull it out. You can get a numbing gel like Rexidine M Forte (Chlorhexidine, Metronidazole, and Lignocaine) gel. Apply over the gums on the mobile tooth. Hold the mobile tooth with a piece of cotton and pull it out if possible. Hold the area with a new cotton gauze to arrest the bleeding.

If not possible let it be as placed it might fall off itself seeing the condition. She will be fine, it was better if the tooth was extracted earlier, then there would not be any chances of malalignment. But it very minute and would not be visible as such. Try feeding hard food, small pieces of hard fruits they might help.

I hopethis helps.

Palatal eruption of left upper incisor due to delayed shedding of the primary tooth.

Seven days or anytime if you need any more help.

|