Milk Teeth Extraction

Can you get braces if you have baby teeth?

Query: Hi doctor,I am asking questions for my child. She has only 24 teeth. She has 13 milk teeth and 11 permanent teeth. Some teeth have fallen and she has some growth of permanent teeth. But it has not reached its own position due to lack of space. Her teeth look crowded. She needs orthodontic treatment ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is necessary to do OPG (orthopantomogram). It is a full mouth X-ray and extraction of deciduous teeth can be done after seeing this X-ray. It is necessary to see whether your child has any impacted permanent teeth and it can erupt a bit late. But if they do not h...  Read Full »

Should I get my teeth extracted and get braces?

Query: Hi doctor,I went to a dentist to check my tooth. The doctor told me that I have one tooth in the front that has not fallen. This tooth has got messed up with other tooth. As my face looks small with many tooth inside the mouth, my doctor suggests me to have an extraction of that tooth as well as a f...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Dentist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you have one tooth with a crown (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and this causes misalignment of tooth. I suggest you get it extracted as soon as possible. As your age is 16 years, you can wait for two to four years to have orthodontic treatment. De...  Read Full »

What to do when milk tooth disturbs the growth of adult tooth?

Query: I have a kid tooth that never fell out and the adult tooth grew through my gum and the kid tooth is loose and has pain but what should I do  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello Welcome to ICLINIQ Generally I deal with many of these cases day to day actually you should be made aware of it by your local Dentist and should have pulled it out by within its shedding time . That would give a clear pathe for the permanent tooth which donot happen . Now u should ge...  Read Full »

Why is there a color change in the injured tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, My 3.5 years old baby has fallen a few days back, and her front tooth got injured. Now the color of the damaged tooth is turning into dirty white. But she is not experiencing any pain or formation of pus. Will this color keep on changing? Can we expect the growth of the new tooth in t...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. I am very sorry for the discomfort. As a specialist, I am here to help you. As per the history (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the baby got trauma to the upper right deciduous central incisor tooth. It is natural to post-...  Read Full »

Due to delay in shedding of milk teeth, permanent teeth are growing inward. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 6.5 years old. Two of her front teeth are shaky but not falling off but I see the new is growing because of space the old one occupying, new one growing is not aligned. It looks like it is growing little inward and cross.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. I went through your query and also seen the image attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As a specialist it is quite fine, she is on the safer side as no such visible misalignment once the permanent tooth erupts fully. As you mentioned and also vi...  Read Full »

Is it possible to close the gap between teeth after removing the bottom milk teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a milk tooth in the bottom row middle, which is moving and needs to be removed. And I got irregular teeth in the top and bottom which needs correction. Is it possible to close the gap after removing the bottom milk teeth, the gap would be about the width of a 5 rupee coin.  Read Full »

Dr. Bhargav R Gutha

Community Medicine Physician, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, could be done in clinic after removal of mobile tooth assessment of available space and space management criterion and space maintainance methods implemented such as Maryland bridge. As your age is 30, I suggest you undergo orthodontic treatment sooner as bone elas...  Read Full »

How can a fractured milk tooth be saved?

Query: Hi doctor, I took my 4-year-old daughter to the dentist yesterday as two days back she fell and they said she had fractured her front tooth and it is loose. I am worried it will fall out and I really do not want it to also with it being fractured if it does come out I am worried a part of the tooth...  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. I have gone through your query and would like to tell you that it is a milk tooth and even if it is removed (due to severe mobility), we can give space maintainer, but I will have to see the X-ray and clinical photo of the tooth to guide you properly. No s...  Read Full »

My 16 year old daughter's baby teeth have not fallen off still. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 16 years old, and her baby teeth have still not fallen off. Just in the past two years, it had slowly started to be pushed out and now the permanent teeth are finally erupting. It seems red in the middle, but there is no pain or discomfort. Will the teeth eventually com...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. The problem is over-retained milk teeth. As your daughter is 16 years of age and still the milk teeth have not fallen, then there is a possibility that it will not fall on its own. Rather, it will disturb the alignment of the erupting permanent teet...  Read Full »

Is it common to extract milk teeth for the eruption of permanent teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is eight years old and still have all his baby teeth. Now there is one permanent tooth erupting behind one of his baby teeth. I took him to a dentist and he suggested extracting all the eight teeth (four up and four down) to give space for the permanent teeth to erupt. It would be...  Read Full »

Dr. Naseer Bhat

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and I do not find it suitable to extract all his teeth as the recommended time period for the eruption of permanent teeth is between 6 to 12 years. It is better to wait and you can do one thing apply a gentle force to the milk teeth to ...  Read Full »