Milk Teeth Extraction

Due to delay in shedding of milk teeth, permanent teeth are growing inward. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 6.5 years old. Two of her front teeth are shaky but not falling off but I see the new is growing because of space the old one occupying, new one growing is not aligned. It looks like it is growing little inward and cross.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. I went through your query and also seen the image attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As a specialist it is quite fine, she is on the safer side as no such visible misalignment once the permanent tooth erupts fully. As you mentioned and also vi...  Read Full »

Can you get braces if you have baby teeth?

Query: im a 14 year old child . My concern is that i only have 24 set of teeth , 1 is growing at the back but i only have 13 baby teeth and 11 are permanent teeth . To be add on , i have doubling rows since three years back, and have gotten it out last year but it is still hasnt come back to its place bec...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to ICLINIQ This is your Dentist - First of all you will be needing an OPG, its a full mouth view xray , extraction of the decidious teeths as found in the Xray will be done. Now its turn to see where those impacted permanent tooths are present . Hopefully they will errupt a bit l...  Read Full »

Is it possible to close the gap between teeth after removing the bottom milk teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a milk tooth in the bottom row middle, which is moving and needs to be removed. And I got irregular teeth in the top and bottom which needs correction. Is it possible to close the gap after removing the bottom milk teeth, the gap would be about the width of a 5 rupee coin.  Read Full »

Dr. Bhargav R Gutha

Community Medicine Physician, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, could be done in clinic after removal of mobile tooth assessment of available space and space management criterion and space maintainance methods implemented such as Maryland bridge. As your age is 30, I suggest you undergo orthodontic treatment sooner as bone elas...  Read Full »

How can a fractured milk tooth be saved?

Query: Hi doctor, I took my 4-year-old daughter to the dentist yesterday as two days back she fell and they said she had fractured her front tooth and it is loose. I am worried it will fall out and I really do not want it to also with it being fractured if it does come out I am worried a part of the tooth...  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. I have gone through your query and would like to tell you that it is a milk tooth and even if it is removed (due to severe mobility), we can give space maintainer, but I will have to see the X-ray and clinical photo of the tooth to guide you properly. No s...  Read Full »

My 16 year old daughter's baby teeth have not fallen off still. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 16 years old, and her baby teeth have still not fallen off. Just in the past two years, it had slowly started to be pushed out and now the permanent teeth are finally erupting. It seems red in the middle, but there is no pain or discomfort. Will the teeth eventually com...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. The problem is over-retained milk teeth. As your daughter is 16 years of age and still the milk teeth have not fallen, then there is a possibility that it will not fall on its own. Rather, it will disturb the alignment of the erupting permanent teet...  Read Full »

Is it common to extract milk teeth for the eruption of permanent teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is eight years old and still have all his baby teeth. Now there is one permanent tooth erupting behind one of his baby teeth. I took him to a dentist and he suggested extracting all the eight teeth (four up and four down) to give space for the permanent teeth to erupt. It would be...  Read Full »

Dr. Naseer Bhat

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and I do not find it suitable to extract all his teeth as the recommended time period for the eruption of permanent teeth is between 6 to 12 years. It is better to wait and you can do one thing apply a gentle force to the milk teeth to ...  Read Full »