Q. My 16 year old daughter's baby teeth have not fallen off still. Why?

Dr. Honey Arora
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My daughter is 16 years old, and her baby teeth have still not fallen off. Just in the past two years, it had slowly started to be pushed out and now the permanent teeth are finally erupting. It seems red in the middle, but there is no pain or discomfort. Will the teeth eventually come out on its own?

#

Thanks for the query.

• The problem is over-retained milk teeth. As your daughter is 16 years of age and still the milk teeth have not fallen, then there is a possibility that it will not fall on its own.
  • Rather, it will disturb the alignment of the erupting permanent teeth. So, it is better to get it extracted so that the permanent tooth can erupt in proper alignment.

Hope this helps.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|