Q. What could be the reason for clumsy mind and poor eye muscle coordination?

Dr. Anthony Koller

I am 30 years old. I have always been a bit clumsy and a slow learner. I easily get lost in details given to me and go completely blank. I had a hard time understanding maths but I do alright in languages. As time passes, I have become increasingly clumsy and have poor eye-muscle coordination. This is making me frustrated at myself. What could be the reason?

#

I can only answer in broad terms as there so many things that could lead to the symptoms you are describing. Then I can put you in the direction medically you should follow going forward.

1) The fact that you note you have always been a clumsy person and it worsening now indicates that your problem has been a chronic long term one that seems to be progressively with time.

2)You mention you were a slow learner and that you are still having cognitive (thinking, learning, memory) up unto this day shows me you that there is definitely something wrong and needs to be medically investigated. Some unknown, uninvestigated cognitive problem since early childhood has been missed and caused serious harm to your life. And it is not your fault, you were a child, and it is the clear responsibility of the adults in your life to note the problems and take them further.

3) There is an entire range of things that could be causing your symptoms from undetected, poor hearing, vision or a specific learning disability or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder but also including a huge range of psychiatric, neurological and neuropsychiatric symptoms.

4) Then the fact that your neurological motor or sensory functioning (poor eye muscle coordination) has been affected and your feeling clumsy has also been since childhood. That difficulty (been chronically clumsy) from childhood to adulthood and was never investigated further, should be not an acceptable way of schooling or raising children.

5)So, the bottom line is that now you need to take control and investigate these symptoms. Kindest rest further to at least know the cause of serious problems. The doctor I would send you to first is a neurologist or a neuropsychiatrist. They can examine you for the right medical investigations like blood tests of x-rays and CT scans, etc. They should be able to put a possible diagnosis together and all of these symptoms can be explained and understood.

Consult a neurologist as soon as possible.

Follow up according to neurologist advise.

|