Q. I missed my periods this month. Could you please help me through this.

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I am 21 years old female. I usually have my periods at the end of every month, but I have not yet got my period for this month. I had intercourse with a guy two weeks ago. But I do not have sickness or symptoms of pregnancy till today. I am thinking about getting a pregnancy test if do not get my periods by tomorrow.

Could you please help me through this?

#

I understand your concern.

Do not worry or stress. My advice would also be to take a pregnancy test since it is the only way to rule out pregnancy as a cause of delay in periods. If the pregnancy test is negative, you can wait for your periods to naturally occur for about 15 days from your expected period. If you did not get your periods even after that, then medication can be given to induce periods.

Do not worry. One to two irregular cycles are normal and can be caused by even mild variations in diet, weight, stress, or emotional changes. So do not stress about this, as stress may further delay your periods. Get a pregnancy test first, and from there, we can decide the following line of action.

I hope this was useful.

Kindly revert in case of any queries.

|