Q. What can we do for lumps in ovary?

Answered by
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2020

Hi doctor,

My wife did not get her periods last month. The same happened exactly one year ago. At that time, we had consulted the doctor and she gave 21 day course of tablet and after that she got periods. At that time, she has a sonography. The doctor showed that there were small lumps on the right side of ovary and one big one on the left side. But, then as her periods were regular, we did not visit the doctor again. Her periods were regular for two to three days till last month. But this month, she did not get and we again consulted her doctor. This time, again, she had a sonography and the doctor stated that again the lumps are the reason. The big one has trapped her ovary and stopped the periods. She also stated that lumps are due to TB. She has a positive family history of TB. Can we get this permanently cured?



Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • These are likely to be unruptured follicles or hemorrhagic follicles. Most commonly such things occur in endometriosis, which can be confirmed and treated through laparoscopy.
  • Only, if you are trying for pregnancy or if cysts are large and painful, then laparoscopy should be needed. If not trying for pregnancy or if family completed (already have children), then one option would be to take birth control pills regularly.
  • Regarding tuberculosis, the symptoms and the findings you told are not very suggestive of TB. Please consult a TB specialist, if you are planning to start treatment for TB.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thank you doctor,

We got married before 2 years and we are planning to have a baby now. Can you suggest the plan of action?



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

  • The best plan would be to allow this subside on its own or with medicines. You can try naturally for 6 to 12 months if everything else is fine like semen analysis and regular ovulation. If there is no pregnancy, then go for laparoscopy.
  • If you have already tried for 2 years and not used contraception at all, then you can straight away go for laparoscopy if semen analysis is normal.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Accidentally, had birth control pill during pregnancy. What shall I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I got my last period on the 1st of last month. Two days back, I used birth control pills. But, I am 2 weeks pregnant now. Will it cause any side effect?  Read Full »

I have spotting while on Tri-Sprintec. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking the birth control pill, Tri-Sprintec for almost five years now. I started my new pack of pills on 19 of last month. I had intercourse twice on 20th and once on the 21st of last month. I used to take my pill between 7 and 8 AM. One day I had pill at 6:30 AM as I woke up ...  Read Full »

According to scan, the fetus growth is lagging. Kindly clarify it.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is three months pregnant, and the doctor is telling that the baby is lagging in growth for about one month. The fetus heartbeat is good as per ultrasound, but the fetal growth is less. My wife's weight also dropped from 57 to 55 kg and recently, she is having stomach ache and back...  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines
A COVID-19 vaccine provides acquired immunity against the new Coronavirus. Read the article to know everything about the...  Read more»
Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.