Q. What is the treatment for mitral stenosis?

Dr. Ilir Sharka
Published on Mar 15, 2018

I am a male and I am 30-years-old male. I have a mitral valve problem, and it is moderate mitral stenosis. What remedy do you advise? If I did the valvoplasty surgery will there be any other problem? If there is a problem, is there a possibility to do the valvoplasty again? I am afraid. Please relieve my tension. The left atrium is 46 mm. I am currently on Spiromide 20 mg and Tinormin 50 mg daily once. Please help me.

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiology
#

There are specific criteria for surgery in case of mitral valve stenosis. Surgery does not resolve the problem and you may have to stay on anticoagulation therapy for your entire life. It can help improve your physical performance and avoid pulmonary edema (shortness of breath during physical exertion).

Anyway, as you have mild mitral valve stenosis, I would recommend anticoagulation therapy and follow up with your cardiologist with a cardiac ultrasound every six months.

Hope this would be helpful for you.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

What is the treatment for hematoma?

Query: Hi doctor,Before five months, I had surgery for thigh hematoma. Now, the same problem started again. It is increasing in size and painful. Also, there is swelling. Please see the photo attached here.  Read Full »