Q. My uncle had a heart attack. What are the chances of recovery based on his report?

Dr. Isaac Gana
Published on Apr 08, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My uncle had a heart attack four days back. The balloon was put, and he had three stents. The balloon is being removed tomorrow. The reports are three days old and were taken before two stents are inserted. I just want to know what are the chances of recovery based on the report and damage. Is it very severe?

Dr. Isaac Gana

Cardiology
#

I understand you are worried about your uncle's health. He will be fine hopefully. I had gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• He had a 95% blockage, and his ejection fraction is 25%. There is a significant chance of recovery, although it might be gradual.
  • I advise him to modify his lifestyle. Eat more vegetables, fruits, nuts, fish, etc. He should also avoid smoking and drinking if he does.
  • Exercising for at least three times a week is very essential, and hopefully, with these changes, he will live a normal life.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

What is the right time to exercise?

Query: Hello doctor, I need an advice on what is the right time to exercise during the day? Let me tell you that currently, I can only manage to walk on the treadmill and do the cycling in the gym. So I have two options in terms of time. One, in the morning before the breakfast and the second one is in th...  Read Full »

Lifestyle Modifications in Hypertensive Patients

Article Overview: You can reduce the ill effects of hypertension like heart attack, stroke, and kidney disease by making changes to your lifestyle. Read the article to know more. Read Article

Dr. Rahul Rathee

Hypertension is defined as any of the following: Systolic pressure or upper value of blood pressure more than 140 mmHg. Diastolic pressure or lower value of blood pressure more than 90 mmHg. There is no substitute to drugs/medications to keep blood pressure levels under control in a hyper...  Read Article

What could be the reason for right-sided anterior pelvic tilt?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is suffering from an anterior pelvic tilt in the right. He is a bodybuilder and currently not able to do workouts since he has pain and numbness in both upper and lower sides of the body in the right region. He also has muscle imbalance because of that. We have consulted se...  Read Full »