Q. Why do I have itchy, small lumps in vulva?

I have been having a problem since two months. At first I thought it was a yeast infection and tried over-the-counter topical creams, but it did not help. I went to the hospital, but when I was there all my symptoms seemed to disappear. I am not sure if the air-conditioned room eased it. I have been using the internet to figure out my problem. The only thing that I found was I have been getting a Bartholin's cyst. But, it only lasts for a day and disappears. Then it comes back a few days later for a few hours at a time. Also, occasionally I get small lumps around the vulva area and some tiny cuts. Sometimes, I get thrush of a lot of really thick white substance that comes out; it makes me itchy, burn slightly and smells bad. Please help me, as I am unsure what could be the problem because of so many symptoms. All my symptoms are constantly changing. My current medication is Gyna guard intimate wash and it gives only a temporary relief.

#

You are suffering from mixed vaginosis (mixed yeast and bacterial vaginosis infection), with typically itch, cuts and white discharge from yeast infection and smells from bacterial vaginosis with burning sensation while urination.

You should ideally get a high vaginal swab culture to confirm and isolate the causative organisms. Once confirmed, then I suggest antifungal and antibiotics vaginal pessary like tablet Clingen vaginal pessary (Clindamycin) once at night for next six days.

Keep the local vulval area dry and avoid moisture. Avoid tight undergarments and wear loose clothes to keep the area airy.

You consult your specialist or primary care physician, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|