Q. Why do I have itchy, small lumps in vulva?

Answered by
Dr. Sameer Kumar
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 18, 2018

Hi doctor,

I have been having a problem since two months. At first I thought it was a yeast infection and tried over-the-counter topical creams, but it did not help. I went to the hospital, but when I was there all my symptoms seemed to disappear. I am not sure if the air-conditioned room eased it. I have been using the internet to figure out my problem. The only thing that I found was I have been getting a Bartholin's cyst. But, it only lasts for a day and disappears. Then it comes back a few days later for a few hours at a time. Also, occasionally I get small lumps around the vulva area and some tiny cuts. Sometimes, I get thrush of a lot of really thick white substance that comes out; it makes me itchy, burn slightly and smells bad. Please help me, as I am unsure what could be the problem because of so many symptoms. All my symptoms are constantly changing. My current medication is Gyna guard intimate wash and it gives only a temporary relief.



Welcome to

You are suffering from mixed vaginosis (mixed yeast and bacterial vaginosis infection), with typically itch, cuts and white discharge from yeast infection and smells from bacterial vaginosis with burning sensation while urination.

You should ideally get a high vaginal swab culture to confirm and isolate the causative organisms. Once confirmed, then I suggest antifungal and antibiotics vaginal pessary like tablet Clingen vaginal pessary (Clindamycin) once at night for next six days.

Keep the local vulval area dry and avoid moisture. Avoid tight undergarments and wear loose clothes to keep the area airy.

You consult your specialist or primary care physician, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
What medicine should I take for yeast infection?

 Now over the last three days, I feel something like fungal infection on my penis ... But, now in the evening, again, I can see the signs of fungal ...   Read full

Can using Vaseline during sex cause yeast infection?

I suggest you take an oral antifungal such as tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once a day for three days ... In addition, I suggest you apply a topical antifungal like Candid-B cream (Clotrimazole and beclomethasone dipropionate), twice daily for a week ......   Read full

Can Metrogyl cause tingling sensation in hands and feet?

Hello doctor, I took the antibiotic Metrogyl for a bacterial vaginosis infection ...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Management of Coronasomnia
Coronasomnia refers to increased sleep problems among people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the below article to get...  Read more»
Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.