Q. Can MMR and varicella vaccines cause autism in my 15-month-old kid?

Dr. Arun Kiran Malhotra

My 15-month-old son was vaccinated with measles vaccine at nine months. Now, he will be vaccinated with MMR and varicella on the same day. I am afraid of the adverse side effects of the MMR vaccine. My son is not premature nor underweight. But after birth, the doctor treated my son with Gardinal because the nurse told the doctor that the baby was trembling when crying and sometimes when not crying.

With regards the family history, my wife's 75-year-old grandmother is now under treatment for a neurological disorder or madness for four years. Sometimes, she has to be admitted to the mental hospital. My 62-year-old mother is suffering from a hearing problem since three years.

So, keeping in mind the above things and the data available from the internet about the MMR vaccine, I want to know the chances of being affected adversely by MMR vaccines like autism and hearing problem?

#

As per current recommendations, MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) and Varicella vaccines can be given to your child at 15 months of age at different sites.

There is no association of MMR vaccine with autism.

The benefits far outweigh any risks.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|