Q. What can cause pimples near penis?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 26, 2019

I have pimples near my penis. I do not understand what problem I have. I am worried about that. Please explain my problem.

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetology Dermatology Hair Transplant Surgeon Venereology
#

It is very difficult to say what disease you have, because pimple does not come over penile area. It could be molluscum which looks like a pimple. If you can send me the photos, then I can definitely diagnose it. Explain the lesion properly like itching, pain, duration, pus filled, etc? Are you sexually active?

Revert back with the photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Pimples are very hard. I tried to break them, but no effect. I am really so worried. I have attached the photos for your reference. Please explain me what problem I have.

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

#

This is clearly a case of Molluscum contagiosum (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you have it since long time and the size has increased now. It is a viral infection, mainly spread by contact. It could be either sexual contact or nonsexual too. May be you got it from the saloon or some other way. But, in penis it occurs mostly after sexual contact. So, rule out all history and possibility.

In your case, molluscum contagiosum have become very large and so creams would not be much helpful. You directly go for some minor surgical procedure. All you need to do is puncture the lesion and extract out the white material, which is inside. It should be done under local anesthesia. Electrocautery and radiofrequency both can be done. The lesion would be burnt and material would be extracted out by an instrument. You have to go to the local dermatologist for it.

Once all the molluscum removed, then the source of infection also removed and you do not get it again. Also, I suggest you to go for an HIV test to just rule out it, if sexual history is present.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Would viral infection affect the lymphocyte and neutrophil values?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a viral infection last week. Is it normal to have increased lymphocyte levels of 52 % and decreased neutrophil levels of 35 % after having a viral infection? It got healed within a week. I was fine when I did my blood test. My RBC and WBC are considered to be normal. As I have anemi...  Read Full »

Can a viral infection increase the ESR level?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old male. My recent blood report shows high ESR level (48 mm/hr). I am having a cough, fever, and a headache since eight days. The doctor told me that I have a viral infection, and has given me antibiotics and a cough syrup. Please guide.  Read Full »

Is there a chance to get HIV or molluscum from a single unprotected sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a few small bumps or pimples on my penis shaft for the past two weeks. A few bumps are clustered together and two to three around it. They are shiny, round, painless and have a white spot in the center of them. They are not itchy and are skin colored when erected and white when th...  Read Full »