Q. What can cause pimples near penis?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

I have pimples near my penis. I do not understand what problem I have. I am worried about that. Please explain my problem.

#

It is very difficult to say what disease you have, because pimple does not come over penile area. It could be molluscum which looks like a pimple. If you can send me the photos, then I can definitely diagnose it. Explain the lesion properly like itching, pain, duration, pus filled, etc? Are you sexually active?

Revert back with the photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Pimples are very hard. I tried to break them, but no effect. I am really so worried. I have attached the photos for your reference. Please explain me what problem I have.

#

This is clearly a case of Molluscum contagiosum (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you have it since long time and the size has increased now. It is a viral infection, mainly spread by contact. It could be either sexual contact or nonsexual too. May be you got it from the saloon or some other way. But, in penis it occurs mostly after sexual contact. So, rule out all history and possibility.

In your case, molluscum contagiosum have become very large and so creams would not be much helpful. You directly go for some minor surgical procedure. All you need to do is puncture the lesion and extract out the white material, which is inside. It should be done under local anesthesia. Electrocautery and radiofrequency both can be done. The lesion would be burnt and material would be extracted out by an instrument. You have to go to the local dermatologist for it.

Once all the molluscum removed, then the source of infection also removed and you do not get it again. Also, I suggest you to go for an HIV test to just rule out it, if sexual history is present.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|