Q. Is there a chance to get HIV or molluscum from a single unprotected sex?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a few small bumps or pimples on my penis shaft for the past two weeks. A few bumps are clustered together and two to three around it. They are shiny, round, painless and have a white spot in the center of them. They are not itchy and are skin colored when erected and white when the penis is normal. I have attached an image. I did not have sex in the past 12 months, but prior to that I had sex with multiple partners and once without condom too. Please help me.

#

This is molluscum contagiosum, which is a viral disease and spread by contact (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Contact can be sexual or nonsexual. But, in your case it is sexual as the molluscum is present in the genital area.

It is STD (sexually transmitted disease). So, we have to check other diseases also like HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) and hep B (hepatitis B virus) test.

Do not touch it as it will spread by touching. Otherwise, it may infect to other parts too.

Treatment is very simple. You have to go to a local dermatologist and he will give local anesthesia by injection or by applying cream, which ever suits you.

After making that area numb, doctor would puncture the entire lesion one by one and remove the whitish material completely. This whitish material contains virus, so once it removed everything would be healed and you will be cured.

I suggest that you must check out HIV and hep B test for further evaluation.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I did not have sex for the past one year and just once without a condom last year. Is there any chance from that single exposure to get HIV or molluscum? Please explain me.

#

• Yes, there are chances in any case presenting with molluscum over genital area.
  • The HIV test is must. Frankly speaking, I do not want to make you tensed. So, just get the HIV test done. If it is negative, then everything is relaxed. So, do not think about it much just and get the molluscum removed.

|