Q. I have some eruptions on the skin of my pubic area. What could they be?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 28, 2021

I am having these hard clusters of bumps show up in the pubic region. The bumps are not razor burn. They are not filled with fluid. They can be cut off, but I want to get to the source to remove them. They do not itch, nor do they hurt. Any help would be appreciated.

#

It could be molluscum contagiosum or folliculitis. A skin biopsy would help to diagnose.

Do you have a history of unprotected sexual exposure?

Do not touch or prick it. It can lead to a secondary infection.

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Regarding unprotected sexual exposure, I have been with the same wife for over five years. I am working abroad, so it would be hard to get a skin biopsy done. I will try medication for now. What do you recommend I take?

#

• For folliculitis, one may apply Fusidic acid 2 % cream, twice a day, until it resolves.
  • But molluscum contagiosum needs to be removed with a needle and molluscum extractor. Topical applications will not help.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|